Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Looks like a rash/allergic reaction -one of my dog got something like this when i switched him to stainless steel bowls -but it might not be the case with Baxter x

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Looks like puppy acne to me. Make sure that you clean his food and water bowl often try using stainless or ceramic. Also make sure that you are wiping his chin after meals and drinking. We use a regular paper towel for his chin no perfumes or chemicals to irritate it further. Loki had really bad puppy acne for a few months when he was younger.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Does Baxter have any rubber toys? Brutus had a rubber ring that he loved but we had to take it away because when he played with it he would get bumps just like that under his chin. I think from it rubbing on his skin.

MonsieurSeven

Aug 1, 2013
San Jose, CA
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Seven
Not sure if this helps, but Seven had some chin pimples like that while he was on a salmon based food. That was one of the symptoms that helped us determine that he was allergic to salmon. From what I've read, chin pimples can be an allergic reaction to many things. Good luck!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
​Could he have rubbed his chin on carpet or rubber mat?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Looks like puppy acne to me. Make sure that you clean his food and water bowl often try using stainless or ceramic. Also make sure that you are wiping his chin after meals and drinking. We use a regular paper towel for his chin no perfumes or chemicals to irritate it further. Loki had really bad puppy acne for a few months when he was younger.
[MENTION=9462]Baxter Tiberius[/MENTION] ^^^^ great advice from Nicole!

OP
B

Baxter Tiberius

Better than my stupid vet, that's for sure! Lol. I asked him "What's this?" He replied "A chin".

OP
B

Baxter Tiberius

Doctors can tend to be unhelpful, pointless, pompous .... etc ... individuals. At least in my experience. No offense to anyone here. I can count on one hand the number of doctors who I felt truly knew their stuff, continued their education, and had a bedside manner better than a speed bump.

Mar 19, 2013
Country
Good old US of A
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman(RIP) & Jenkins
It looked like carpet burn but I think everyone has had some good suggestions. When Norm's chin gets red/rashy like that, I dry it off and then smear some desitin on it. Clears it up really fast.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I was thinking maybe yeast or staph myself...

So sayeth the Sheldon Puppy!

AlphaOfGino

Sep 8, 2013
Southern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gino
Not sure if this helps, but Seven had some chin pimples like that while he was on a salmon based food. That was one of the symptoms that helped us determine that he was allergic to salmon. From what I've read, chin pimples can be an allergic reaction to many things. Good luck!

Gino's chin was so red and raw when he was on Blue Buffalo's Salmon kibble. When we switched him to Fromms Beef the redness and rawness definitely started to improved. It's pink now but way better than what it was before. So i blame it on the salmon.

Plus, his farts were so deadly with Blue Buff's salmon!! With Fromm's his farts are odorless.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.