When do they slow down

Bruticus

Sep 23, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruticus
My husband and I are wondering when Bruticus will slow down. He is 1 year old and is super active. He lays around when no one is walking around the house but when my kids are home,
He will turn into this energizer bunny. He would grab anything he can find and would shake it until the thing breaks or until he gets dizzy. He also jumps from couch to couch. He then would tackle anyone and anything. We walk him and my son plays never ending fetch with him.
Lol I thought EB are lazy dogs.
Also, he is now at 52 lbs. at what age do they stop growing?

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
Oh boy, you got yourself a live one! LOL!

Samson was pretty active until he turned 2 and I would say the same for the Diva too...Hang in there!!!

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Dudley will be 3 in December and he still is pretty active! When my boyfriend comes over, he'll play for hours -- I mean like 2 or 3 hours -- non-stop. Some days, he'll nap a lot, but others...there's no stopping him!

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
By about 2.5-3 years old they'll slow down and stop growing. Bullie was quite active until she turned 3 and then she's dead weight. I have to shove her butt out the door to pee...

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Lol you have a hyper one!! I thought we had a lazy one...then the funniest thing happened...lately I think I have a 6 month old puppy! Winston is 2.5 years old and HYPER as ever....my husband and I realized his energy goes with the seasons lol...in the fall & winter when it is cooler outside he is a ball full of energy..late spring/summer when its hot and humid he can not be bothered and just wants to sleep...unless of course he is at daycare in the central ac all day LOL! I would say once Winston hit 2 he stopped growing!

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Ace will be one year old in a few weeks [ Oct 16 ] and he is still pretty active though much more predictable on the times of his high energy rambunctious periods. He is at his highest energy level during the evening from about 6:30 until he tires out before bed, crate time for the night, [ between 9:30 and 10 ]. I think some of this is conditional because that is the time when we all are home and can take the time to play and I usually try to burn of some of his razor edge off and its been that way since shortly after bringing him home as a puppy. And of course if someone comes over, regardless of the time of day, he will get amped up. During all other times he has become pretty laid back. The kids coming home no doubt get him amped up, these bully's love children and get so excited when they are around at least Ace does. Honestly we have adjusted to this cycle of his, we know when to expect it and seek to minimize it when or if it should cause a problem. But in the last several months Ace has also become quite a bit more affectionate. Before he would just want to play or tussle and was always under my feet and following me around and though he liked some petting and attention he wouldn't stay close and want to love up more than a few split seconds but now he does. So they grow and adjust and we do to with them. At a year old your boy still has alot of puppy left in him.

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
HA..... my girl is 8 yrs old and still has not slowed down.

HTX Bully

Aug 6, 2013
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Holly
Holly is 18 months, 57 lbs and go go go all the time! Maybe she'll slow down in another 18 months lol

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Lazy Bulldogs? ANOTHER Myth. Only lazy when they DON'T want to do something! ha!ha!

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Omg I wish I read this earlier I coulda used a good laugh today :) porky does the same thing when we get home she picks a toy n plays keep away with us n will play her version of fetch (get it n run to her bed to hide it until we go to get it then she grabs it n runs away as fast as she can) lol it's said they r puppies till they r 3 ish :D but I wouldn't change it I love my hyper puppy!!!!! She also does laps outside around our well house lol 3 then a rest then 3 in the other direction!!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.