BLEEDING

REBELBABY

May 24, 2013
IDAHO
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
REBEL
Memphis still isnt really bleeding, shouldnt she be bleeding alot if shes in heat?

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
When my lab goes into heat it starts out really light for the first few days then progressively gets heavier. Now when I say heavier I mean drops of bright red blood. She never really has a large amount of blood. So she will have this for a week or so, then it will start to taper off again. I'm not sure if it is the same for all breeds of dogs. My bully has boy parts and is neutered anyway.

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
I was going to say when we had our female dane, she would start light then it would get brighter and just drops a bit more often but no large amounts and such...i'm imagine dogs are the same in heat but not sure....Our bully is a male as well...All I know is we did doggy diapers for our dane they didn't make them big enough so we ended up putting undies over the diapers as well! she really hated us then!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I don't think it is a lot... it is in spots. I'll tag a few member to help
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
It does start out light, but sometimes they just have a light heat if you will, where they just don't bleed that much, and then the next time might be a heave heat.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Hi there Katy! When Emma went into her first heat last year she spotted lightly for the first week, kinda like a prelude before she fully started spotting. After that, and especially at nighttime, her spotting was much heavier. I got her some panties from Petsmart and bought some thin maxi pads from Walmart. I changed her in the morning, when I got home from work and then before bedtime. For Emma, her bleeding was really heavy spotting at times. It lasted for nearly 3 weeks too and then very light spotting for one more week after that. Hope that helps. :)

OP
REBELBABY

REBELBABY

May 24, 2013
IDAHO
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
REBEL
i keep second guessing if shes even in heat, i do know shes pretty swollen and Rebel wont stay off of her

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
i keep second guessing if shes even in heat, i do know shes pretty swollen and Rebel wont stay off of her
Oh I would say she's in heat then, especially if she's swollen and spotting. Emma got really swollen, I couldn't believe it myself and thought something was wrong, lol. Is Rebel neutered? :eek:

OP
REBELBABY

REBELBABY

May 24, 2013
IDAHO
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
REBEL
well see im not sure if shes spotting the only time i saw blood was on the pad that was in the kennel she was in but other than that nothin, and no Rebels not fixed, were either physically constantly trying to keep him off her or one of them is in the kennel, ugh its a real pain especially since she just got there

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.