Any one ever seen a bully with bright blue eyes???

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
So, Im at work today talking to my bar guest, one of my regular's ask me about Vegas's bout of eating a bar of soap and if he OK now. Bill the "new" guest ask me what kind of dog I had.....HE had one too!! We both got our phones out and was sharing pictures like they were our children, lol (which Vegas is by far the best child I have) anyways, his bully is AKC registered, the breeder out of Orlando FL. and Gus had the biggest, brightest sky blue eyes!!! He was a beautiful red/brindle like Vegas, in fact they could have been brothers, but his eyes were so weird. I ask if he was blind :blush2: and he said "No we picked him because of his eyes" Has anyone else ever seen a 100% EB with bright blue eyes???

I wish I would have had him forward me a picture, he was just so unique yet beautiful, but it just kind of threw me. lol

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Gosh...that's a new one on me! Never see that anywhere.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I have seen a few, pics only though. They are from breeders who try to breed the so called "Rare" colors and will get blue eyes sometimes. These "rare" colored bullies in my opinion should not be breed. Same goes for the blue eyed ones.

OP
KMARINO

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I have seen a few, pics only though. They are from breeders who try to breed the so called "Rare" colors and will get blue eyes sometimes. These "rare" colored bullies in my opinion should not be breed. Same goes for the blue eyed ones.

But this bully was full red/brindle like Vegas, I swear they could be litter mates, half a white face and all. So how do the blue eyes come in??

ZeusCsmommy

May 9, 2013
Stockton, California, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
When I was looking for Zeus I saw one .. He was gorgeous but at the same time looked weird. He was older maybe like 4months and we didn't get him but they do look weird/pretty. I thought I seen a pic on here where someone's dog had 1 blue maybe I'm wrong.

Last edited:

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
I've only ever seen pictures. Probably for the best cause then I would have another bully!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
WOW that's crazy... I have never seen one!!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=8808]ZeusCsmommy[/MENTION] you are correct, there was someone on here that had a bully with one blue eye. [MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] it's all genetic. Somewhere in the line has that blue gene. They could be breeding for the black color and I have seen some blue eyes come from that.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have never physically seen one, but there is a member on her with a pup that has a blue eye.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
It's pretty much believed that Amelia being bred for her coloring is likely why she has the hip troubles she does. Another interesting thing is that even though she has brown eyes Inside they are a completely different color than HRH's. or really the other bully's I've seen It shows up in pictures sometimes instead of the white/green glow hers will glow a bright blue in the flash. I think it's part of what [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] was talking about when he said they carried a blue gene.

Attachments

• DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 141

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
But this bully was full red/brindle like Vegas, I swear they could be litter mates, half a white face and all. So how do the blue eyes come in??

He could be red/brindle but still carry the "blue" gene which could give home blue eyes. Not common though usually if they have blue eyes they will have a "grey" or "blue" coat or be a "blue brindle" which is a fawn or deep fawn under coat with grey ish blue brindling if I had to guess I bet he was a blue brindle which at a glance could give a very similar appearance to red brindle.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
I have never seen one with blue eyes, but I have seen a bulldog with the blue pit bull color to them, like that gray color, and ones with long tails.

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
I have never seen one with blue eyes, but I have seen a bulldog with the blue pit bull color to them, like that gray color, and ones with long tails.

I "pump handle" or "spike tail" is actually standard especially in Europe. My hungarian import male has a perfectly straight 3" tail that lays flat. It's so much healthier. If only more breeders in the U.S would incorporate them into their lines there wouldn't be so many bulldogs with tail pocket issues and amputated tails. Sorry didnt mean to hijack the thread.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 291

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online