AlphaOfGino

AlphaOfGino

Sep 8, 2013
Southern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gino
thanks for the responses everyone. I'm glad there are parents that understand me.

An update: since that incident, everyone has been listening to me and crating him when he is home alone or left alone with my grandparents (because they really only want to take him out to potty breaks every couple of hours or feed him, not watch him for consecutive hours). However, Gino still barks 90% of the time he is inside the crate, therefore..

Any recommendations or training advice on how to reduce his barking while crated? My method seems to be a slow process.

Last edited:

Katielyn

Sep 15, 2013
PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester Winston (Chesty)
I got lucky I didn't crate train. but I did put up a baby gate in the hallway so he had part of the hallway and my room to be in while i'm at work. He has his food and water bowl and all his toys to play with, but when i leave and if no one else is home he will chew up my pillows so they go on my dresser when i leave and chesty is good all day..plays with toys and sleeps.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Are they covering the crate??? Sometimes using a crate cover helps or at least it did with Sheldon

So sayeth the Sheldon Puppy!

OP
AlphaOfGino

AlphaOfGino

Sep 8, 2013
Southern California
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gino
I was thinking of doing the same @Katielyn.. putting a doggy gate at the end of the hallway and just closing every bedroom/bathroom door so that he only has access to the hallways and my bedroom. Gino hasnt mastered jumping onto my bed yet so I'm good with that. If I find a solution regarding my mirror closet doors I might try that idea. Because we've noticed that if he can see for himself that someone has left he is less likely to bark cause he knows what happened. I rememeber one day I left the house when he was in my room, when he didnt see me in the room he barked and barked.. so my brother let him roam the house to look for me and when Gino didn't find me just went back in the room and laid down. The hallway gives him a view of the rest of the house so maybe that will relieve anxiety and barking.

@Jennifer Clark, no his crate isnt covered. I didnt know if that would make his barking better or worse. Ill give it a try.

Part of Gino's problem is he doesnt like to be alone. You will never find him alone in a room. If i'm in a room with him and I leave, he will follow me or whoever was with him. He never wants to be alone. I even think he sleeps with one eye open cause he can be snoring up a storm but if i make my way towards another room, he pops right up to follow me.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.