Toy recommendations

Katielyn

Sep 15, 2013
PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester Winston (Chesty)
Ok so Chesty loves water bottles..but he can shred it in less then 2 minutes, and i worry about him eating little plastic pieces. He never has them unsupervised but still it wouldn't take much for him to eat a piece. He also loves deer Antlers are those ok for him to chew on? Another favorite is tennis balls but he pops them within a week of me buying them. Stuffed animals he does well with he doesn't shred them he just " sucks" on them i guess is the word. But he's going through toys like crazy. So anyone have any good toy ideas.

First time bulldog owner. fjrrhuirl;reiwjhhhhhhhhhhhhgike,;sfgyujijhgfrdx ( chesty stepped on the laptop..guess he's saying hi)

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Winslow has one of those bottle crunchers - loves it! Had it over a month and it's only beginning to come apart now, but it wasn't a very sturdy material like I'm inclined to suggest to you ;) but I think your Chesty might like that.

I'm not sure what else... He had a Kong squeaky toy on a rope, so far it seems to hold up well. Good luck! I love buying him toys, I'm pretty sure I buy more for him than I did for my daughter when she was a baby :p

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Nylabones are great, they last a long time in my house. I especially like the ones that are "textured", one is "the textured ring bone" and the "textured bone". There is a toy called "zogoflex hurley dog toy" that my guys love and has lasted since Christmas and still going strong! Deer antlers are great for bullies and they usually last a long time as well. Those are really the only toys that last a long time at my house! :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Nylabones and Kong toys are great.

PudgyMommy

Apr 5, 2013
Waller, Tx
Bulldog(s) Names
Pudge RIP, and Maggie
Maggie doesn't seem terribly interested in toys,... but she LOVES a rawhide. We give them to our 9 month old shepherd mix (Cato) to keep him from chewing up all our socks and underwear... ha ha! (but seriously, we're running out of undergarments.. argh!)
Anyway, I do not allow Maggie to have rawhides. I recently was able to get her a deer antler. I was a little apprehensive about it afterreading horror stories about dogs swallowing them whole. So, I took Mags to the Natural Paws retailer nearest me (an hour drive) and the lady there was extremely helpful. She recommended getting the biggest one we could find (since Maggie is such a ferocious gnawer and will swallow just about anything whole) and she said that the little bits she does manage to eat are digestible and safe. Also, another benefit is that if maggie ever gets bored with it, we can flavor it by burying it in the dogfood bag for a few days or rubbing peanut butter or cheese or coconut oil or something like that on it. The antler has tons of little grooves and areas where yummy flavors can collect...
So far, she loves it and has not gotten bored with it yet. It is so nice to be able to give her something while Cato has his rawhide. Now she doesn't have to watch him with envy.
If you get one, get the biggest (girth and length) one you can find.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Kong toys seem to last at my house, and I also have a boxer too!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Ok so Chesty loves water bottles..but he can shred it in less then 2 minutes, and i worry about him eating little plastic pieces. He never has them unsupervised but still it wouldn't take much for him to eat a piece. He also loves deer Antlers are those ok for him to chew on? Another favorite is tennis balls but he pops them within a week of me buying them. Stuffed animals he does well with he doesn't shred them he just " sucks" on them i guess is the word. But he's going through toys like crazy. So anyone have any good toy ideas.

First time bulldog owner. fjrrhuirl;reiwjhhhhhhhhhhhhgike,;sfgyujijhgfrdx ( chesty stepped on the laptop..guess he's saying hi)
See my post of Brutus eating things he shouldn't. We are sticking to nylar bones and large kong toys from now on. Good luck.

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
Brynn loves stuffed animals. She won't shred them, but she does throw them around and pounce on them then shake them around then do laps around the living room. I have a Kong for her also - I fill it with peanut butter and freeze it, once I put a few piece of her kibble into the peanut butter with it also. She LOVES that. We usually sit out on the deck if it is nice enough for her and she will sit there for hours with her kong if it has food in it.

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
I am horrible with toys porky gets a brand new one every week I grocery shop :D I was sticking to the cheaper $5 toys like the pigs, or a stuffy etc but she'd shred it in a day even a real tree skunk we bought dead within a day!!! So last week I started picking up nylabone toys n well she loves them I just got her a nylabone stick n she lays there n gnaws it until she falls asleep :) I tried taking a pic of her toys but how dare I touch them without her permission
e5a3a5u6.jpg

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea has way too many toys that we split them between the rooms in the house. Everything from no stuff stuffies, kongs, nylabones, moose/elk antlers to little squeakies... She loves them all but goes nuts for the little soft rubber toys that she can destroy in a matter of second. This weekend we picked up a new softer rubber toy made by Petstages called an ORKA and she loves it and it is still in one piece after hours of chewing on it.

Most Reactions