Thread: A Few Male-Related Bully Questions

Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: A Few Male-Related Bully Questions

There is clearly some cultural differences here, and I'm surprised that so many dog owners in the US neuter their dogs. From what I understand, a general opinion among vets and dog experts in Sweden is that dogs should only be neutered for actual medical reasons, not as a preventive measure.

Real Name
    Eve
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus
    Likes (Received)

Hey. Well Zeus is a male bully so I decided to comment. I'm not an expert just sharing my experience. I have not neutered Zeus why because just haven't. He never leaves a streak he will squirt pee if my husband playes with him.. I think it's because my husband is at work most of the time and when he does have time to play he is just that much more excited. And I'll prefer to use the red rocket term.. It pokes out a lot. If he's sitting a certain way there it is. If he's excited there it is. He will not try to hump the family but beware if you are visiting.

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Matt
    Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rocco
    Likes (Received)

It's a little concerning that there are so many views on this, especially from a Veterinarian stand point. My vet recommends I get Rocco neutered around 6 months old, and another vet recommends a whole year later?

My vet also says that neutering will prevent "marking" which is a definite plus for me. I do not plan on breeding him. A friend of mine has a 10 month old male intact and he is out of control. He will literally jump on your leg and start humping you like crazy with the lipstick (or red rocket) out in full force. Just being around his dog and all the behaviors he exhibits (from what I understand stem from not neutering) is enough to make me want to. He hasn't because one day he thinks he will breed him -which is a whole different conversation- but after reading some of the replies on here, I think I will start to do some more research on it as I still have 3 months before he is at that age.

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Sheldon is neutered at the advice of our vet. I wasn't going to have it done but my mother in law insisted because she got a female Yorkshire Terrier (the tea-cup variety) and was afraid he would hurt her, and Sheldon has only done the humping thing when excited a couple times and when I kept my grand niece he would like her ear and hump the air and I think that was a dominant thing he was trying to establish his place above her. He got told no and put in time out each time it happened and he wanted to get up next to her but I didn't let him because I didn't know if she would have allergies but she didn't appear to.

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads