Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
When I heard about this story a few days ago I didn't want to post it on EBN because honestly it's just so heartbreaking. This poor dog was tortured and was found in just the next town over from me at a park, she was left there to die. It really hit home that the person who did this to Puppy Doe is still out there so close to where I live, and a good chance that this person could be torturing another dog.

The only reason why I decided to post this now is because it has been recently found out that Puppy Doe was once loved in a loving home. Her previous owner recognized her on the news, she said that her landlord forced her to give Puppy Doe, to her known as Kiya, away because of BSL (Breed Specific Legislation). She thought nothing of selling her on Craigslist thinking she was going to her forever loving home. I am not posting this to bash anyone who has bought or sold a dog on Craigslist, I bought Gio from a very similar site, Ebay Classifieds; I am posting this for people as a warning, people need to use caution when buying a dog on these sites and especially selling on these sites. I have been crying for days every time I think of sweet Puppy Doe, it's just not fair. And the worst part of this story is the fact that BSL is the reason this dog is where she is now. People need to stop blaming the breed.

I am posting a link to a news article about this story and also the facebook page called Justice for "Puppy Doe". The facebook page posted puppy pictures from the original owner so we can see Puppy Doe in happier days. RIP sweet girl.

*Sorry for my ranting, this story has just been eating away at me since I have read it.

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/local_coverage/2013/09/5k_reward_for_info_on_puppy_doe_torturer

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Justice-for-Puppy-Doe/730535090297199?hc_location=stream

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Terrible. Just terrible. The words I have for the pos who did this are not appropriate for this site. I hope justice gets served. It's horrible that people like this exist. Prayers for puppy doe.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh dear God... just read the story. It's absolutely heartbreaking... :cry: I have a friend that used to work in Animal Control here in TN, and the stories that she would tell me... they would find dead Pit Bulls in the river, the losers of dog fights. They are still working to break up this ring. It's just so senseless... BSL is BS in my opinion, I have seen some wonderful, loving Pits.

Every time I hear one of these stories I have to remember... LOOK at all the outpouring of love & support from people!!! Surely to GOD there are more people that LOVE animals than those who don't... I just have to believe in that!!!

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
That poor baby. :cry: I just can't click on these much anymore... they make me so angry and upset.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Im sorry for my language right now!!
After a lot of swearing while shoving thos video to my hubby and tears streaming down my face i do hope this mother %!$?#% gets caught and they cut of his limbs!! So he wont hurt any animal again!
They did not chose to be in our family we chose them therefore we are responsible for them and we should give them love and care they deserve ,they love and trust us unconditionally ,while many "friends" might betray us our dogs stick by us no matter what! -and this puppy got this in return?
My blood us boiling!! What a %%#$*!# scum!!!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
How can those monsters be so horrid??? I'll never understand it. Someone was at the bash we went to today who rescued a girl who had been shot in the head after she wasn't going to be used for breeding anymore.

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
I seen on the News this morning, as I was walking out the door, How a New Orleans woman had pulled into a parking lot to park her car, to shop, and as she got out of her car, found a Cat cut in half. NOPD and Animal protection were notified immediately, Now this so far was just news, But they interviewed a Veterinarian, which stopped me dead in my tracks before turning the TV off, and the Vet stated "The Cat torture, and dismemberment, was an act of an individual seeking to do cruel an inhumane acts on larger prey, Possibly the early stages of a serial Killer" This was the part that stopped me dead in my tracks...... Can you imagine, training on poor innocent animals, to build up an appetite for human beings? I sure wish Boston the best of Luck in finding and prosecuting the piece of crap that did this to puppy doe, and I'm definitely watching in my area, to see what develops. No matter what develops, the threat of such a person lose on society, has got to be stopped, and brought to justice!!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I seen on the News this morning, as I was walking out the door, How a New Orleans woman had pulled into a parking lot to park her car, to shop, and as she got out of her car, found a Cat cut in half. NOPD and Animal protection were notified immediately, Now this so far was just news, But they interviewed a Veterinarian, which stopped me dead in my tracks before turning the TV off, and the Vet stated "The Cat torture, and dismemberment, was an act of an individual seeking to do cruel an inhumane acts on larger prey, Possibly the early stages of a serial Killer" This was the part that stopped me dead in my tracks...... Can you imagine, training on poor innocent animals, to build up an appetite for human beings? I sure wish Boston the best of Luck in finding and prosecuting the piece of crap that did this to puppy doe, and I'm definitely watching in my area, to see what develops. No matter what develops, the threat of such a person lose on society, has got to be stopped, and brought to justice!!
Dave my hubby & I watch ID channel and you would be shocked at how many serial rapists, killer, nut cases started out torturing animals as young kids... Honestly to me it's a red flag!!!

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Tracey. Formerly being in Law Enforcement, I didn't have much training in cruelty to Animals. Even while sitting here reading your post, other than occaisional, Dog Bites, Dogs running loose through neighborhoods, or occaisionally a dog barking complaint, I can only remember one Animal related call, and it was a couple of HS boys, nabbed an Alligator, Hog Tied him, and wrapped his mouth with Duct Tape, but his tail was hanging out of the back of the truck, and John Doe citizen seen it, and called only for the welfare of the school boys. I stopped the truck, and asked the young men what they were doing, and one laughed, said he was taking the alligator home to make some new boots. Way Wrong Answer, I contacted The Wildlife and Game Agents in the area, which arrived about 10 minutes later, and turned them all over to him, along with the boots story. That was that, I'm sure they will never kidnap another alligator in their life time when he finished with them. Point being, I know how terrified those young boys were, when Animal control didn't respond, But the Game Warden did! Wildlife and Fisheries have power enough to create havoc in ones life, in the protection of wildlife. These guys could search a home, on probable cause of wildlife being taken out of season, whereas Police, and Animal control had to first obtain a warrant, and with many crimes happening in the middle of the night, No one wants to disturb a Judge sleeping. I often wondered why Animal Control does not have the same powers as Wild Life Agents, I mean Wild Life Agents are saving wild Game, and Animal controll is saving Domestic Animals. This is probably where the solution could start. Just think, there were 4 teen age boys in the pickup with an 11 foot alligator, and I bet to this day, you couldn't joke with them about an alligator, But yet when someone speaks about Animal control, its all a big joke, no one seems to be very worried about what they can do. Torture to animals and torture to humans in my book is basically the same. I think Patti hit the nail on the head a while ago, starting the thread about unconditional love. These guys didn't ask to stay with us, but we invited them, They deserve a HELL of a lot better.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Outrage does not begin to describe it. And I'm having trouble typing because I can't stop crying. WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE!?! These are innocent dogs. I can't stand it. I've always felt this way when I hear these stories, but it infuriates me even more, if that's even possible since I got Dudley. I'm watching him play here in the backyard and I was just thinking that if someone even LOOKED like they might even THINK about POSSIBLY hurting them...I would go berserk. He's my "child" as far as I'm concerned. But, you know what, these people probably would hurt a child too. My mother always said...never trust people who aren't nice to animals...my mother ALWAYS was right!

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
The sad thing is, this puppy was loved and cared for and would have made a wonderful pet. I blame the BSL laws as much as the dirtbag(s) who did this.

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
I wasn't going to open this post as I can't handle hearing horror stories as it effects me too much, and yep, how horrific and incredibly sad, how can people do things like this, I just don't get it.:cry: RIP Puppy Doe.

OP
mcraven2

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
The sad thing is, this puppy was loved and cared for and would have made a wonderful pet. I blame the BSL laws as much as the dirtbag(s) who did this.

I agree 100%! It's such BS!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

ABSOLUTELY!

Most Reactions