Favourites...

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
I've always been told, that puppies always go to the oldest or youngest of a family, rarely anyone else. as for me, I'm the only one the boys are with, but they spend time with my daughter also, has anyone else noticed this, confirm or deny its true?

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Well when I asked my hubby for a bulldog for Mother's Day a year ago, I wanted a male, and I knew his name was going to be Bulldozer. We went to go see my dog when I was buying him, and there were only two left, Dozer and his sister. We sat on the kitchen floor, and played with the two pups for about half an hour. My husband kept gravitating to the little girl, saying oh look how cute she is, look how sweet she is. I kept saying I want the male. Needless to say, we went home with both. Lol. He said he couldn't leave her behind all alone. I thought he was crazy, two puppies?? So we named her Blossom, and we took both home. I'll have to say the training was a little hard at times, everything times two, like having twins, especially those 2 am potty breaks for 5 months. But now that I have them, I wouldn't trade them for anything. Dozer was my pick, and he's my dog, but he definitely loves his Daddy, and loves to cuddle with him, and Blossom definitely loves me more, and my son. Blossom is my cuddle bug.

OP
Bazza

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
Well when I asked my hubby for a bulldog for Mother's Day a year ago, I wanted a male, and I knew his name was going to be Bulldozer. We went to go see my dog when I was buying him, and there were only two left, Dozer and his sister. We sat on the kitchen floor, and played with the two pups for about half an hour. My husband kept gravitating to the little girl, saying oh look how cute she is, look how sweet she is. I kept saying I want the male. Needless to say, we went home with both. Lol. He said he couldn't leave her behind all alone. I thought he was crazy, two puppies?? So we named her Blossom, and we took both home. I'll have to say the training was a little hard at times, everything times two, like having twins, especially those 2 am potty breaks for 5 months. But now that I have them, I wouldn't trade them for anything. Dozer was my pick, and he's my dog, but he definitely loves his Daddy, and loves to cuddle with him, and Blossom definitely loves me more, and my son. Blossom is my cuddle bug.
Wow, love the story of how you ended up with two!!!! I couldn't imagine 2 puppies, Bazza is a handful as a puppy and still is. However I joke with my husband and say I am going to get my own bulldog;)

OP
Bazza

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
I've always been told, that puppies always go to the oldest or youngest of a family, rarely anyone else. as for me, I'm the only one the boys are with, but they spend time with my daughter also, has anyone else noticed this, confirm or deny its true?
Not true in this case, Bazza loves Dad, But I am the oldest. Maybe I look younger and Bazza is confused :confused:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

here is no good either.... There is only me and b/f... So I am oldest and he is youngest.... But Banks has been a Daddy girl since we got her and Nitschke grew into a Momma boy! Cheli is all about Momma too, unless I am not around then he takes to Daddy

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
Not true in this case, Bazza loves Dad, But I am the oldest. Maybe I look younger and Bazza is confused :confused:

I'm older than husband and Ollie is daddy's boy! I agree maybe I look younger!!! LOL, I'll take that!! Yes Ollie is daddy's boy he gets all wound up when he gets home, if i'm gone for awhile, I get the I gotta pee, or my water is empty look and that's it! I think it's because my husband rough houses with him, I do all the nurturing and caring I'm sure he appreciates it but he goes buck wild for the husband!! I'm going to also think maybe b/c i'm home with him all day and the husband works all day he's just glad he's back!

OP
Bazza

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
I'm older than husband and Ollie is daddy's boy! I agree maybe I look younger!!! LOL, I'll take that!! Yes Ollie is daddy's boy he gets all wound up when he gets home, if i'm gone for awhile, I get the I gotta pee, or my water is empty look and that's it! I think it's because my husband rough houses with him, I do all the nurturing and caring I'm sure he appreciates it but he goes buck wild for the husband!! I'm going to also think maybe b/c i'm home with him all day and the husband works all day he's just glad he's back!
Yes you describe exactly what happens at our house, Bazza does love us all as have 2 young kids as well, but he just love hubby he goes wild for.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I say this all of the time. If Dudley had to save either me or my boyfriend for any particular reason...it's goodbye Mommy! My boyfriend doesn't live with us, so maybe it's because he doesn't get to see him all of the time, or it's because he wrestles with him...I don't know, but just say "Daddy's coming" and Dudley goes beserk! He runs and gets his bone and sits and waits...and he'll just sit there for 20 minutes waiting for Daddy! I'm the one that feeds him, walks him, brushes him, plays with him. I buy the food, the grooming, the vet bills...when Daddy's in the house...Mommy doesn't exist!

View attachment 56149 Dudley and Daddy!
Oh my goodness... this is the cutest pic!!! :D

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Does you bulldog seem to have one favourite person in the house??? Bazza is definitely my hubby's Dog, he is a different dog when he is around, I spend most of the day with him, give him breakfast, take him was walks, pat and play with him, I know he loves me, but holey smokes when hubby leaves the house he sulks I am sure of it, and when hubby returns he has the biggest butt wobble ever. It took me a while to figure out, that on the weekend when we are trying to lay in Bazza is waking us so annoying but it is because hubby is in the house. On the weekdays he doesn't move till midday or I make him get up. I do know he is the happiest when the whole family is together including his two human brothers, seems to love having his whole pack together.:D
I love his Mugshot, so much expression, and the contrast in colors is Awesome, Dang....He's a very handsome Bully!!

HandsomeUlysses

Aug 13, 2013
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
Tubby is definitely a mamas boy. He is my shadow and will not go to his dad if called. The only time Tubby ditches me is if his dad is in his game room playing video games. Tubby hops on the recliner foot thing where David's playing and passes out cold

8yvehy4u.jpg

Tubby crawled his way up in this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

That is the cutest pic! How old is Tubby? FI thinks Ulysses loves me more. He goes crazy when I come home, jumping, butt wiggling, very hyper. When Lee comes home, Ulysses comes to him for just a pet on the head and then goes back to sleep.

Dana F

Jul 30, 2013
Macon, Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petey Pete AKA "Stinky Pete"
I would have to say that Stinky doesn't have a favorite. Even though his daddy is always saying how Stinky loves him more. Stinky loves to lay in the chair with his daddy. But when mommy leaves the house guess who is crying? lol Drives daddy nuts that Stinky waits for mommy to come home. Daddy doesn't know that the only reason Stinky waits is cause he knows when mom gets home he's gonna get something to eat.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.