brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Ok so sorry for the graphic posts lately but I think Brutus is going to kill me. This morning Brutus went out and did his business as usual. This afternoon my son let him out and when he came to the back door my son said Brutus is acting weird, he thinks he has a "cling on". So I go out to check and sure enough he has some :poo: left over. I go to help him out and I wind up pulling out a clump of rope toy and a piece of material from another toy. Should I be worried about obstruction or anything? He wasn't really interested in his breakfast this morning, but I guess with a good portion of toy trying to come out, he wouldn't be. He is acting normal now. I threw away all his toys that are material and I went to petco and bought him a gigantic nylar bone and two jumbo deer/elk antlers. I have seen others here that give their babies these. He has been chewing on it for a while now. I guess I should watch his poops for a few days??

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He should be fine now, but I would would hatch him for a few days. As long as he is eating and pooping, he is OK.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I give Winston nylabones & elk antlers too... I would just watch him, if he's eating, pooping normally then I wouldn't worry. Winston does this too, I have to watch him like a hawk around my 2 year old grandson... they both are giving me tons of grey hairs!!! LOL Good Luck :D

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
I get my boys the Kong Toys, and I get the big ones, I fully trust they will be able to chew on these for a while without problems. I have noticed with the nylabone, they tear slithers off of it and eat them. The leather chew toys are out of the question, and anything they can fit or looks close to fitting down their throats is a no no. I'd keep an eye on him for a while, and really think long and hard about his toys you allow him to play with, chew on. If you have reservations, just ask anyone here, some one will have knowledge about it. Any information we can share to keep our babies safe is what we do best. :)

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I get my boys the Kong Toys, and I get the big ones, I fully trust they will be able to chew on these for a while without problems. I have noticed with the nylabone, they tear slithers off of it and eat them. The leather chew toys are out of the question, and anything they can fit or looks close to fitting down their throats is a no no. I'd keep an eye on him for a while, and really think long and hard about his toys you allow him to play with, chew on. If you have reservations, just ask anyone here, some one will have knowledge about it. Any information we can share to keep our babies safe is what we do best. :)

I have removed anything I think is unsafe. So now he has only kong toys left that are large in size. He seems to really be enjoying the antler I just got him. What is the shelf life on these? Do they splinter at all? Do you think the nylar bone I just bought should go back if it can sliver?

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
everyone. You guys are great.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Ditto everything on the Nyla Bones and Kongs. We don't do antlers anymore because our vet has removed sharp pieces of antler from some dogs' intestines. The antlers had probably been laying out in the desert sun for years, but we still won't risk it. Also, dogs can break teeth chewing on antlers!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Welcome to the club, Congratulations you are the proud owner of a bully goat. Lol. I have two EB siblings and they both eat stuff and objects, but they eat different things. My female Blossom is just food oriented period, she acts like I starve her constantly, she whines as soon as she hears any bag of cereal or plastic rustling, she thinks it's time to eat, and then she is like a charging bull and will inhale her food, then she tries to get her brothers, and then she will open the food storage bin, and dive in with her head and front paws, and try to eat more food. She is so crazy. Outside she eats grass, but her favourite thing to eat is pinecones, which right now are all over my complex. Yes we often have poop with chewed up pinecones in it. Lol. My male Bulldozer is definitely a bully goat, he eats anything that isn't nailed down. In the house he ha eaten a dish cloth, small toys from my Grandson, but his all time favourite object to eat is sweat socks. He has done this twice, and has thankfully been able to either poop them out, or vomit it up. I can't understand how he eats and swallows socks without choking on them? Outside he's a little better than Blossom, because he will try to eat objects like pinecones, rocks, or sticks, but will also let me take it out of his mouth, or he will sometimes drop it when I say OFF, or Drop it. Blossom will never give it up. Both of my guys cannot have any soft bedding, pillows, blankets, or any soft toys such as stuffed animals, or soft squeaky toys, as they chew these and swallow pieces. The only toys they are allowed to have are Kong toys, and I usually get the bigger ones. They have Kong balls, Kong tires, Kong rings, Kong logs, and a huge Kong ball, they are the only toys that they can be trusted with, and that will last a long time, and outlast their chewing.

alyssahope

Jul 23, 2013
Birmingham, AL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Queen Margaret May
nyduva6a.jpg
welcome to the club. I came home to this tonight. Maggie has several ropes and a nylabone at her disposal and she will not play with them. She eats my clothes instead.

HandsomeUlysses

Aug 13, 2013
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
Ok so sorry for the graphic posts lately but I think Brutus is going to kill me. This morning Brutus went out and did his business as usual. This afternoon my son let him out and when he came to the back door my son said Brutus is acting weird, he thinks he has a "cling on". So I go out to check and sure enough he has some :poo: left over. I go to help him out and I wind up pulling out a clump of rope toy and a piece of material from another toy. Should I be worried about obstruction or anything? He wasn't really interested in his breakfast this morning, but I guess with a good portion of toy trying to come out, he wouldn't be. He is acting normal now. I threw away all his toys that are material and I went to petco and bought him a gigantic nylar bone and two jumbo deer/elk antlers. I have seen others here that give their babies these. He has been chewing on it for a while now. I guess I should watch his poops for a few days??

Rosalie, just my two cents about the deer antlers. We had the same gross issue with Ulysses eating his toys and so we did the same thing and bought him the deer antlers. He was such a chewer that he went through a medium size in 4 days. The fifth day, he was hacking really badly and threw up the antler pieces (small fibre and hair). It was just as gross and painful to hear him hacking away. With that said, we are strictly sticking to the nylabones as I know for sure if will not ingest any pieces.

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosalie, just my two cents about the deer antlers. We had the same gross issue with Ulysses eating his toys and so we did the same thing and bought him the deer antlers. He was such a chewer that he went through a medium size in 4 days. The fifth day, he was hacking really badly and threw up the antler pieces (small fibre and hair). It was just as gross and painful to hear him hacking away. With that said, we are strictly sticking to the nylabones as I know for sure if will not ingest any pieces.

Actually, I have to agree with you, the antler was jumbo size costing $19.99. I bought it on Friday afternoon and as of right now it is in the garbage because he chewed it down to a small nub. I hope we don't have any issues. I did buy a large nylar bone so we will be sticking to them I guess. Thanks for the info. Any advice is always welcome.

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
Actually, I have to agree with you, the antler was jumbo size costing $19.99. I bought it on Friday afternoon and as of right now it is in the garbage because he chewed it down to a small nub. I hope we don't have any issues. I did buy a large nylar bone so we will be sticking to them I guess. Thanks for the info. Any advice is always welcome.

Has anyone else heard of Himalayan yak milk dog chews????? It's like a stick of solidified cheese (ewwww I know it doesn't smell amazing either) lol I found em at a local small chain pet supply store they r like $15 they are about a foot long an inch thick porky lovessssssssss them it lasts her about a week :( but we've never had an allergy issue or a splintering issue with them (we had the coughing, gagging issues with the antlers as well)

HandsomeUlysses

Aug 13, 2013
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
Has anyone else heard of Himalayan yak milk dog chews????? It's like a stick of solidified cheese (ewwww I know it doesn't smell amazing either) lol I found em at a local small chain pet supply store they r like $15 they are about a foot long an inch thick porky lovessssssssss them it lasts her about a week :( but we've never had an allergy issue or a splintering issue with them (we had the coughing, gagging issues with the antlers as well)

That is Ulysses' favourite! When it gets small, choking size, we put it in the microwave for 1 minute, let it cool down for 15 mins and we give it to him. Its like popcorn! lol

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
That is Ulysses' favourite! When it gets small, choking size, we put it in the microwave for 1 minute, let it cool down for 15 mins and we give it to him. Its like popcorn! lol

OMG I'm not alone :) I thought ppl would be like uhhhh wth r u talking about lol!! I didn't know about the microwave thing :D that's awesome thanks for sharing that now I won't have to throw them away on her when they get small :D

HandsomeUlysses

Aug 13, 2013
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
OMG I'm not alone :) I thought ppl would be like uhhhh wth r u talking about lol!! I didn't know about the microwave thing :D that's awesome thanks for sharing that now I won't have to throw them away on her when they get small :D

Totally! It does stink a little..lol But he loves them!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online