Companion update

REBELBABY

May 24, 2013
IDAHO
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
REBEL
OK all went pretty well when we met her "memphis" she is extremely sweet, we are going to meet again on Sunday at our house to make sure of everything and let them play and bond more, i do have questions about her size she seemed tiny compared to Rebel, is that a normal size for females i think shes about 30 lbs if i had to guess, i cant figure out if shes just extra small or Rebel is just massive, also she has a strange tail, you can tell it wants to curl but it sticks out but ive seen other bulldogs like that so im guessing its not a big deal, after all my thoughts about her it basically comes down to i would love to make her apart of our family and give her all the love and attention she needs, theres to many people that will try and get to her just to breed her that wont love her like she needs, i will post pics later to show you guys the difference in size, any input would help thanks

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Glad that your meet up went well! 30 pounds sounds tiny, especially for an EBD, but I am no expert! My one year old weighs 61 lbs! I have seen several ads of Bullies for sale,
that are advertising "mini" bullies-but AKC says there are no such thing! So I assume that there are just some smaller bullies. I know some knowledgeable breeders on here will have info for you. I would assume it all comes down to how you LIKE the doggie, and if they get along well. Best of Luck whatever you decide.:) I believe the tails that stick up are called "gay tails". Easier to keep CLEAN!!

Last edited:

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Females are usually smaller than males, How old is she? The two males I have one is 52 lbs the other is 71 lbs, so big difference there too. But general rule of thumb, Females tend to be smaller, I'm thinking usually up to the 48 pound mark, One of the others will be a lot more exact, than me, But I read a thread once, [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] was working on, age and size of your Bully, you may be able to research it and get better answers. The tail your describing sounds like a carrot tail, Rambo has one, pretty common. :) Looking foreword to the pictures.

OP
REBELBABY

REBELBABY

May 24, 2013
IDAHO
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
REBEL
she is 8 months, and the first thing i will do is change her dang food they are feeding her Purina puppy chow, YUCK! maybe thats why shes small

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Cant wait to see the pictures ;-)
Bullies come in all shapes and sizes,females are generally smaller (but there are sime big girls out there) weight wise it doesn't matter as long as she is in proportion (and not to fat lol)

OP
REBELBABY

REBELBABY

May 24, 2013
IDAHO
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
REBEL
ya yesterday he did something new when he was around her, he would be barking at her and then it would turn into a high pitched squeal noise, whats up with that? it was definitely new

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Sounds like "come and play with me" how was his "body language" looking like?
etu6y5e6.jpg

Last edited:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Some just stay small, so she will be a small girl and so happy you are getting her and not someone who would breed her as she is too small to be bred. Can't wait to see pics of her.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I can't wait to see pics!!

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Can't wait for the photos. They are all different! My Dudley is huge -- 80 pounds. His Dad was 90 and his mother was 55! If you like her and Rebel likes her...and you don't want to show her...really doesn't matter as long as she is relatively healthy. And who knows...with a little love and better nutrition, she may grow. Sounds like a sweet girl!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sounds VERY optomistic!!! I'll be watching for pictures

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.