Hungry little baby

Bleu Bully

Sep 17, 2013
NC
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bleu
Hey! I am new to the Forum and a new Bully Parent. The breeder let the puppy free feed and I felt like she was eating way too much and pooping all the time. What is the right amount to feed them. I don't want her to get too big too fast. Help my starving baby.

L

Lucy-licious

[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION] will be able to advise you there.

good luck with the puppy pawrenting and welcome to EBN xx

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
:welcome: to the site. Bullies are like little garbage disposals and would eat non-stop if you let them. First off how old is your baby and what food are they eating? With bullies there is a lot of trial an error to find out what works best for your baby. A lot of pups are fed roughly 3/4 cup of kibble 3 times a day until they hit 5 or 6 months then the lunch meal is stopped with the kibble split between breakfast and dinner. For my Harlea she gets 1 3/4 cups of kibble split between 2 meals a day with fruits and veggies as snacks throughout the day. If we give her anymore kibble than that she has explosive :poo: which is no fun.

OP
Bleu Bully

Bleu Bully

Sep 17, 2013
NC
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bleu
She is 14 weeks and is now eating Science Diet small bites and she gets 3-4 mini carrots as a treat.
:welcome: to the site. Bullies are like little garbage disposals and would eat non-stop if you let them. First off how old is your baby and what food are they eating? With bullies there is a lot of trial an error to find out what works best for your baby. A lot of pups are fed roughly 3/4 cup of kibble 3 times a day until they hit 5 or 6 months then the lunch meal is stopped with the kibble split between breakfast and dinner. For my Harlea she gets 1 3/4 cups of kibble split between 2 meals a day with fruits and veggies as snacks throughout the day. If we give her anymore kibble than that she has explosive :poo: which is no fun.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
How much and how many times a day are you feeding her or did you continue to let her graze as she wants? How many times a day does she poo and are they soft or nice and firm? sorry for all the questions. Just trying to gather info as others will come along and ask the same things. :) I tagged a few members that are much better with foods that I am for you.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We fed our 14 week old pups a little more than 1/2 cup three times a day. Now they are 17 weeks old so it is around 2/3 to 3/4 cup 3 times a day and we feed FROMM Puppy Gold. Science Diet isn't the best food in the world, but it's not the worst either. I would feed your pup a good puppy food until around 6 to 7 months of age. You can usually tell if they are getting too much food as their poop will be soft. If it is then you can back down on the amount just a little until it firms up. I like feeding our pups plenty so they will develop properly.

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Rocco is about 14 weeks now and I am feeding him 1/2 cup 3 times a day. I figure I will cut down to feeding twice a day in Dec when he turns 6 months. I'm feeding him Fromm's Beef Frittata. I would use the puppy gold but it contains chicken which seems to upset his stomach and give him wet runny poos. Almost time to increase to 3/4 cup I believe. He was just under 10 lbs when I got him Augst 3 and now h is around 21 lbs. So he is definitely growing! lol I think if you try a similar regiment you should be fine, but I am by no means an expert.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
:smileywelcome: to the site , if you are going to transition to a better food, start out with a gradual change , 1/4 cup new to 1/2 cup old for a couple days, and gradually build up the amount of new untill that's all they are eating and you have no more old food left. also a tablespoon of plain canned pumpkin at one meal will help alleviate the soft pooh

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.