Srhendon

Jul 24, 2013
FL
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson
Hey guys,

Tyson is about 5 months now and i still take him out at 2:00 AM everyday..When did you guys stop taking your bulldogs out in the middle of the night?

-Shawn/Tyson

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
Hmm, We don't take Bazza out as such, he just tells us when he wants to go out, he is 20 mths, sometimes he sleeps through, sometimes he gets up once a night, sometimes twice a night.:)Seems to change all the time.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We were lucky with Harlea and were able to stop the middle of the night potty times when she was about 11/12 weeks. We would get her up and all she would do was go back to sleep once we took her out at 2am so we just went with her flow and haven't looked back. I have heard that many bullies take much longer to get through the night thought. At 5 months He should be really close to making it through the night for sure. Is Tyson whining or barking to let you know he has to go in the middle of the night or are you still setting an alarm? Also, does he sleep in a crate at night or roam the house?

adamslater

Dec 6, 2012
Sudbury, ON
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
I think it was about 4 months when the night time wake ups stopped. He should be able to hold it until early morning at least. Does he drink a lot of water before bed?

kristimorrill

Aug 10, 2013
san diego
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie, Daisy and George
We stop all water around 7/730 and take them out for their last potty at around 930. They sleep in their crates door closed and take them out at around 530. No accidents. Been doing this since they were 4 months old.

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
I'm STILL taking Ruthie out at night and she's 4 years old. I have tried EVERYTHING to stop it, but she still goes. I have given up getting a full nights sleep.

truffle shuffle

Dec 23, 2012
DC area
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
about 14 weeks old we were done with midnight potty runs. We also limited water late at night to help, and my hubby would take him out before work at around 6 am and put him back to bed until i got up. But Chunk dosn't sleep in our room, I have heard that it can take longer if they're in your room because they know they can wake you, my allergies won't allow him in our bed. so he sleeps downstairs and we had a baby monitor so he could wake us if needed!
Good luck!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:babysleep:We would take our two guys out every 1 or 2 hours during the day, and we set our cell phone alarm for 2:00 am, then they would go out at 6:00 am, eat at 6:30 am, and then out every 1 to hours during the day, the last walk was about 11:00 pm, we took the water bowl away at 8:00 pm. They were both fully trained at 5 months old, so stopped the 2:00 am potty break at that time. Now they are 19 months old, and they out every 4 or 5 hours, during the day, with their last walk at around 11:00 pm.

OP
Srhendon

Srhendon

Jul 24, 2013
FL
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson
I also cut tysons water at around 7 oclock. When he did go in his crate he wouldn't wake me...he would just go. I think ill try it out for this week and see how he does.

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
June was about 11-12 weeks old. I think we realized by accident that she could hold it all night. We forgot to set an alarm, or she didn't alert us she needed to go out and she slept till the morning when we took her out. Ever since then she's been holding it all night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Castor (5 months) has just recently started to sleep all night. I wrote a post in the training and behaviour section on his bed-wetting problem (he would pee in his sleep every night) and got lots of good advice. What solved things here was closing the windows. There had been a draught and poor little thing had probably been cold a, but now he sleeps from 11 pm to 7 am.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online