Why so serious??

ZeusCsmommy

May 9, 2013
Stockton, California, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
So the day before yesterday I felt like Zeus wasn't himself. He seemed really serious. My husband didn't notice he kept saying he seemed normal. I know they are really laid back so is it possible for me to think he seemed serious. ?? Anyone else get this feeling about their furbabies. He seems normal now. Maybe it was all in my head.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Of course, I have no way of really knowing, but there are times when I think Dudley seems sad, angry, annoyed...I see a lot of different emotions in him all of the time. My boyfriend says I'm crazy. Some days he seems really playful and joyful, and other days, it's like he needs to be quiet. Why not? We get days like that, right?!

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
I know what you mean, sometimes I think Bazza is not himself, I think he just has an off day maybe like we can, I worry, but the next day all o.k. :)

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
I agree with you. You can always tell their moods. Ruthie gets all sorts of emotions.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
I do , but i think im overprotective for my babies and if i notice something little i get stressed out
After losing my boxer for cancer that no one knew about till last 5 days (Suzi was her normal happy self) i promised myself that i never miss a thing -i still blame myself for not noticing things
Not sure how i can explain that but i "can see if something is worn in my girls eyes"

OP
ZeusCsmommy

ZeusCsmommy

May 9, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
I know his face shows two emotions happy and bored lol not sure if that's the emotions he's feeling inside but that's what he usually looks like. He just seems serious to me my husband said he always looks like that. But it definitely makes sense that they can have off days.

OP
ZeusCsmommy

ZeusCsmommy

May 9, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
I do , but i think im overprotective for my babies and if i notice something little i get stressed out
After losing my boxer for cancer that no one knew about till last 5 days (Suzi was her normal happy self) i promised myself that i never miss a thing -i still blame myself for not noticing things
Not sure how i can explain that but i "can see if something is worn in my girls eyes"
Awe I'm sorry for the loss of ur boxer baby. But don't be too hard on yourself. Our family pit from when I was young also had cancer. And we had no idea we all moved out and my dad kept him we were so sad when we found out.

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I hear you, they definitely have moods they go through and some times one of us will pick up on something more then the other

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
Bella has a happy face (ears up head tilted) and a hmmmm i didnt do it with ears laid down, its funny her dad says shes going either realllll fast or real slow most of the time is realllll fast!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks is always very intense.... sometimes loads of fun, but mostly very intense and ready to pounce on something

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I can always tell when Brutus is off. I just told my son this morning something wasn't right to a chorus of "your crazy he is fine" and lo and behold this afternoon he pooped out parts of two toys. Follow your gut, and keep an eye on him.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.