Update on Bentley

Bentley64

Sep 17, 2013
Trevorton, Pennsylvania, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
Just got back..not good news..this is what dr said..grade 5/6decrescendo murmur..left side of heart appears normal. The right ventricle is volume overloaded with slightly thickened walls. There is paradoxical movement of the interventricular septum becoming somewhat flattened toward the lv during systole..pause wave Doppler shows very turbulent systolic flow through the pulmonic valve with a small amount of diastolic flow. No meds at this time and would not recommend surgery to risky ..have to be monitoring cardiac visits ..could have sudden death...my heart is broken for me let alone how am I going to explain to my 3 year old if he dies in front of her..words of encouragement greatly appreciated ..

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh my dear, I am so very sorry to hear this news. :cry:

My heart is breaking for you and your family. Please know you will be in our prayers.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I too was hoping for a better prognosis, I'm so very sorry for this dx.

My heart goes out to you & your family and know I will be praying for
all of you and keeping your family in my thoughts.

Please come here as you can and reach out for our support to help get
thru this tough time. Again, my condolences for this dx and for your pain.

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and those crushed in spirit."

GOD be with you & yours, today & every day. Much love~Carol & Cami

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
So sad, all you can do now is love Bentley and give him the best you can, as hard is it is, be honest as much as you can with your 3 year old, they are more resilient than us adults a lot of the time, it would be heartbreaking I know, but you were most likely given the gift a Bentley for a reason, he is very special, My 3 year old niece lost her Mum to Cancer and we knew we were going to lose her, but we made each day count and her children knew that they had to care and love mum and she was not going to be around for much longer and she would love them from Heaven forever. All so heartbreaking, for you and your family, stay strong, thoughts are with you. :heart:

Last edited:

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Im so sorry to hear the news ,unfortunatley i never experienced this condition therefore i cant give any advice
I can only hope he will live many happy years with no problems , but whatever his time is i know all of you will make most of it xxx
Thinking of you all xx

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Oh no... I am so sorry. I was hoping beyond hope that you would get a hopeful diagnosis. We knew someone who had a Bully pup with a grade 7 murmur. The breeders were advised to put him down..but decided to keep him ..they had 4 kids and worried so much he would die in front of their kids. He lived for only 3 months...and just passed in his sleep. They were pretty upfront with the kids, ages ranged from 3-11 and while very sad, they knew he would be going to heaven soon. They used the entire time as a learning experience for their kids. Of course, the older ones could understand much more than the young ones..but they were the kindest most gentle little ones with that sweet boy. I'm not in any position to advise you and what's best for your little girl..but just wanted to share this. They don't regret the few months they had with him and feel it was a true gift of pure love. My heart is so heavy for you...:hug:

Excellent advice indeed! :grouphug:

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
I am so sorry for you and your family. I have no words really to offer. But know that we are here to listen and cry with you. It is really difficult, but I always like to think that these kinds of things happen for a reason -- we just don't know what it is. Maybe you were chosen to give Bentley some very special love -- or, more likely, for Bentley to give you and your family some very special love! Thoughts and prayers are with you.

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I have no advice other than what Becky (@Jakeisgreat) already told you. I was really hoping for a much better outcome for Bentley. :hug2:Just a giant hug from me and kisses from all my smooshy faces!!! Please keep me updated and if there is anything, and I mean ANYTHING ​, you need let me know.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I am so sorry...whether you have a short time or a long time with this little love view that time as a gift and just as Becky (JAKEISGREAT) said prepare your three year old for the inevitable but enjoy the gift you have been given that way when and if it happens you have the comfort in knowing you did all you could to make Bentley's life worth living and he loved you all the more for it.:cry::assurred::hug:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Please know we are all here to help support you through thsi.... I was so hoping for a better outcome. Hugs and prayers to you and the family.

OP
Bentley64

Bentley64

Sep 17, 2013
Trevorton, Pennsylvania, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley
Thank you all for your kind words...sept 1 was the one year anniversary of my moms death..the last 2 years have been so hard...Amerah my daughter still asked for her mammy. .im praying for a miracle. .we did decide to get another one..but will wait till we don't have Bentley. .i just don't want to share my attention with another bully right now...so keep me updated on bullys for sale in pa..

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
So sorry reading about your heart breaking news. Praying for you all. Enjoy your time with him and "try" to prepare your child. Perhaps telling her that GOD sent this little
doggie angel to teach us how to love and care for him,and love all animals-- and when his job is done, he will return to heaven, and start his job with a new family, leaving his earthly body behind, and GOD makes him a new one, to go on to teach other children to love also. Then you and she will know how to take care of another baby....so difficult to explain to a 3 year old, but hopefully you can do this, and GOD BLESS YOU. I know when my husband passed, I kept repeating to myself, "I can do all things through Christ, who strengtheneth me." Cherish every day you have.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
So sorry to be reading this I will keep you and yours in my :pray:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online