JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
It wasn't her crate. I was her large play pen that we keep in the living room for while I am working. She is definitely not afraid of is as she still goes in and out to lay down and she is in there right now as i am working and can hear her attacking crunchy piggy while lounging on her Coolaroo... :)

Oh that's good to hear. What is a crunchy piggy? :D

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] Crunchy Piggy is a soft toy that has like the crinkle paper/plastic stuff in it that crunches when she chews on it similar to a water bottle and usually has a big squeaky head and nylabone style hands and feet. She loves the things and has a frog and gator as well.

kanderson

Jul 22, 2013
Illinois
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stouffer
Aw, poor baby! Just another reason to spoil her :)
Definitely not a bad dad...kids just get into everything!

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Aww if your a bad dad I must be a bad mum then as they do get hurt at times but we cant stop all of it happening. The tooth just came out a bit earlier than it was going too.

is your play pen wooden?

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Aww if your a bad dad I must be a bad mum then as they do get hurt at times but we cant stop all of it happening. The tooth just came out a bit earlier than it was going too.

is your play pen wooden?
It's a plastic one. Surprisingly she doesn't chew on the wood furniture yet.

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
I am a bad daddy.. We were sweeping the floors the other night and while we do this we always give Harlea her nighttime snack in her play pen because if we don't the beast will come out and she will attack the broom and steam mop and we will get nothing done. We have gotten pretty good about finishing up quickly and usually before Harlea is done licking her bowl but this time we were late. Harlea started to get restless in her pen and started biting at it which she has never done before. As we were putting the brooms and stuff away there was a sudden loud scream that I thought was one of the cats had gotten hurt but sadly no it wasn't as cat. I manage to turn my head in time to see Harlea pulling back quickly from the side of the play pen with a little blood dripping from her mouth. Somehow she managed to get her lower jaw between the slats in the play pen wall and got stuck. When she jerked her head back to get out before i could get to her she pulled so hard that she ripped one of her toofies out. She has been losing teeth a lot here lately and when i looked it did look like another puppy tooth but as I am no expert i do not know for sure and hope it was a puppy tooth. I feel so bad and that I am a bad daddy as my baby got hurt because I wasn't fast enough to help her or keep it from happening to begin with.

Since the incident we have been keeping a close eye on things and she appears to be fine. Eating, playing, drinking and snuggling like nothing happened with no swelling or signs of infection or distress in the gums or anything..

Todd, It can't be that bad!?!? I once seen Forrest Gump fix up a kitty Cat
lt-dan.jpg

I am sure the tooth wizard can fix Harlea's Toof !!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Aww well stuff happens it's not your fault. I'm sure we ask have stories like that. I'm glad she is doing fine :)

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Poor baby! I know how you feel! I once had a dog who used to like to stand on the table on our patio (he weighed 145 pounds). He jumped off one afternoon and ripped off a toenail. I felt horrible!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OUCH... for both Harlea and daddy - I would be feeling horrible too. Glad she is OK and nothing major

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online