The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I am a bad daddy.. We were sweeping the floors the other night and while we do this we always give Harlea her nighttime snack in her play pen because if we don't the beast will come out and she will attack the broom and steam mop and we will get nothing done. We have gotten pretty good about finishing up quickly and usually before Harlea is done licking her bowl but this time we were late. Harlea started to get restless in her pen and started biting at it which she has never done before. As we were putting the brooms and stuff away there was a sudden loud scream that I thought was one of the cats had gotten hurt but sadly no it wasn't as cat. I manage to turn my head in time to see Harlea pulling back quickly from the side of the play pen with a little blood dripping from her mouth. Somehow she managed to get her lower jaw between the slats in the play pen wall and got stuck. When she jerked her head back to get out before i could get to her she pulled so hard that she ripped one of her toofies out. She has been losing teeth a lot here lately and when i looked it did look like another puppy tooth but as I am no expert i do not know for sure and hope it was a puppy tooth. I feel so bad and that I am a bad daddy as my baby got hurt because I wasn't fast enough to help her or keep it from happening to begin with.

Since the incident we have been keeping a close eye on things and she appears to be fine. Eating, playing, drinking and snuggling like nothing happened with no swelling or signs of infection or distress in the gums or anything..

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I think you ought to just send her here to us so she will be safe.... Bad Daddy,,,, Bad bad bad :lmaoboy::bonkhead:

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
:( oh poor Harlea. That must've hurt and scared her too. But it's not her pawrents fault...just trying to keep her house clean. I bet The Tooth Fairy will leave her something special! ;)
Oh she did. She got coconut flakes and a little coconut oil rubbed on her gums. She was in heaven. :)
I think you ought to just send her here to us so she will be safe.... Bad Daddy,,,, Bad bad bad :lmaoboy::bonkhead:
I couldn't possibly ship out my baby girl. She is the bright spots in our days....... :lol:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Well, of course you are not a "bad Daddy!" Kids get into things so quickly, that they shouldn't- but the good thing is that although you are still feeling guilt-you baby has forgotten it, and gone about her merry way! She might have even learned NOT to do that again. We all try to keep them out of harm's way, but s*#t happens and it happens to all of us. It probably was a baby tooth, as most of the time a second tooth doesn't come out that easily, but lots of people live with NO teeth! I am sorry about her "accident", but thankful that it turned out not too serious. Hopefully she is fine. She is on to the "next" adventure!! I have always blamed myself for everything-don't do it-it's hard on your guts! Your harlea doesn't blame you!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I'm glad to hear she is ok. Harlea has already forgiven you so stop being so hard on yourself. The things our babies put us through.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Awe your not a bad Daddy, stuff happens to us all....believe me when I say I know how you feel.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Harlea thinks you are the best daddy in the world! One of my college roommates used to say, "Guilt will make you tilt!" Yeah, we were geniuses in college! LOL!

Valentine215

Community Veteran
Nov 10, 2012
Kyle, TX
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure what I will name my new bullddog
Awwww...don't take it so hard! You are NOT a bad daddy...I mean, how many other daddy's would rub coconut oil on gums????? Harlea was probably gonna loose that tooth anyways...

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Aww poor girl, you are not a bad daddy you are keeping the place clean for her ;-)) accidents do happen and im sure she will be extra spoiled today xxx

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Not a bad daddy!!

Yuna used to get her paw pad stuck when she was younger, the fat one in the middle of her pad was just the right size to squeeze in and get stuck for a second.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Thanks for the support... I do feel a bit better now. It still amazes me at how you hurt for these beautiful bullies just like you hurt and feel guilt when your skin kids get hurt.

B

Baxter Tiberius

Baxter did something very similar awhile back. Got himself so worked up that he stuck his paw and front leg through the hole in the pen gating, then decided he was going to walk away. He forgot about his leg and he bent it really really hard while it was in the hole and started yelping. Had to help him out of it. He has gotten his tooth stuck in things he shouldn't be biting too. Its a painful lesson for them to be careful. Maybe she will be less of a chewer in the future :)

Last edited:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Ohhhh Poor girl. :hug: I know I've done a few things here and there that hurt my guys, all unintentional of course. Glad she's ok though. Does she have a fear of her crate now?

OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Ohhhh Poor girl. :hug: I know I've done a few things here and there that hurt my guys, all unintentional of course. Glad she's ok though. Does she have a fear of her crate now?
It wasn't her crate. I was her large play pen that we keep in the living room for while I am working. She is definitely not afraid of is as she still goes in and out to lay down and she is in there right now as i am working and can hear her attacking crunchy piggy while lounging on her Coolaroo... :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.