The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We use stainless steel. For water we have a powered stainless steel 360 water fountain with a carbon filter. We like it because the critters like to drink from one of the 4 waterfalls and not stick their heads in the bowl itself. We refresh the water once a day and clean it once a week.

OP
ZeusCsmommy

ZeusCsmommy

May 9, 2013
Stockton, California, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
Ftse eats out of a stainless steel bowl and has one for water along with a plastic water fountain which he prefers I place them on a towel to catch any spills.
Idk why I haven't thought of putting them on a towel. I got one of those food tray things for him still mess got everywhere. And he hated it he would bark at it and try to pull it out.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I use the same Neater Feeder best thing for Fergus since he is a messy drinker.
I know I LOVE mine... I got them at Sams on sale too!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
on floor stainless steel... sometimes ceramic

OP
ZeusCsmommy

ZeusCsmommy

May 9, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
We use stainless steel. For water we have a powered stainless steel 360 water fountain with a carbon filter. We like it because the critters like to drink from one of the 4 waterfalls and not stick their heads in the bowl itself. We refresh the water once a day and clean it once a week.
Just googled the powered stainless steel 360 water fountain that looks super neat. That would probably stop the spit up of water too because ifhe drinks from the water fountain it will slow him down.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Just googled the powered stainless steel 360 water fountain that looks super neat. That would probably stop the spit up of water too because if he drinks from the water fountain it will slow him down.
Its a little pricey and required maintenance but i think it has been worth it. The only thing I suggest is to get the aftermarket filter for it that you can reuse and refill versus the expensive filters from the same company that you just throw away.

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Rocco eats and drinks out of stainless bowls in a stand. However, with his rapid eating and the big belch he gives out every time he finishes, I want to start looking into some alternatives to slow him down.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
For my bullys food I had to get all 3 of them the slo-feeder bowls otherwise they would inhale the food.

Luckily none of mine are allergic to plastic and that's what these bowls are made out of. Plus they have rubber grippers on the bottom so they don't move around when they are trying to get all the food out of the edges!!!

OP
ZeusCsmommy

ZeusCsmommy

May 9, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
Its a little pricey and required maintenance but i think it has been worth it. The only thing I suggest is to get the aftermarket filter for it that you can reuse and refill versus the expensive filters from the same company that you just throw away.
Do they have them at the pet store or online only

OP
ZeusCsmommy

ZeusCsmommy

May 9, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
For my bullys food I had to get all 3 of them the slo-feeder bowls otherwise they would inhale the food.

Luckily none of mine are allergic to plastic and that's what these bowls are made out of. Plus they have rubber grippers on the bottom so they don't move around when they are trying to get all the food out of the edges!!!
I don't think Zeus is allergic to plastic either. But I got stainless steel. I feel it's a bit easier to clean.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Stainless steel bowls on a stand here too. When Castor gets bigger we might need to get a bigger size, but so far they're ok.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Do they have them at the pet store or online only
In the pet stores around me they range in price from $90 to $120 for the water dish and $12 to $15 for a 3 pack of replacement filters. We found it on Amazon for something like $80 at the time and the refillable filter kit for $12 or $13. After you run out of the filter media with teh replacement kit you can just get a big bottle of it at Wally World for like $6 and it will last at least a year as I haven't even used all that came with my kit yet and we have had it for going on 5 months already.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
my floor is starting to swell and if I put new flooring don't want it ruined just googled it. It looks awesome I want one.
I have a stainless steel food bowl and an antigulp bowl for water.

kanderson

Jul 22, 2013
Illinois
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stouffer
Stainless steel, on the floor. His water bowl never moves, but his food bowl does. After his bowl is empty, he likes to push it around with his head and pick up all the pieces around the bowl that he knocked out lol Soooo cute
:haha:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.