stinky breath

Jlambe

Aug 7, 2013
Dallas, Tx
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack Daddy
I have a 5 month old bulldog and his breath is starting to stink and his adult teeth are starting to come in. What are my options to help out with the sticky breath, I haven't brushed his teeth or anything.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Well, brushing Mack's teeth will definitely help with the stinky smell. I think when the puppy teeth start falling out and adult teeth come in, there can be a more noticeable stinky breath. Also, diet plays a big role in dental/mouth hygiene. You can try things like Greenies for him to chew on (I have not tried these myself). And a good, safe chew toy for him to gnaw on (like a Kong toy), will also help with the dental hygiene b/c this helps with teeth cleaning.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I have a 5 month old bulldog and his breath is starting to stink and his adult teeth are starting to come in. What are my options to help out with the sticky breath, I haven't brushed his teeth or anything.

What are you feeding that handsome boy?

adamslater

Dec 6, 2012
Sudbury, ON
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
I brush my dogs teeth at least twice a week...its really important to keep their mouths clean and remove plaque. When he had his yearly exam the vet said his mouth looked great.
I also give denta bones or the blue brand of denta bones a few times a week.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
could be the food you are feeding but it most likely is from teething....

OP
Jlambe

Jlambe

Aug 7, 2013
Dallas, Tx
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack Daddy
Well I feed him the Kirklands Puppy food, that was what the breeder was feeding him and he has been very good with it. I thought about the dental bones and figured I would start brushing his teeth once more of his baby teeth fall out.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Well I feed him the Kirklands Puppy food, that was what the breeder was feeding him and he has been very good with it. I thought about the dental bones and figured I would start brushing his teeth once more of his baby teeth fall out.

how old is he? 6 - 8 months?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
He will be 6 months here in october

He is old enough to be transitioned to adult food now.... [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] can help if you are ready to look or not sure what you want to switch.start him on

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Five-month-old Castor's breath has been rather bad too lately. The breeder told us it had to do with teething. Some new teeth have come out so we'll need to start brushing them.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Be careful with that Costco food they recently had a recall because of the Chinese chicken they're using.

truffle shuffle

Dec 23, 2012
DC area
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
I would start brushing now, the earlier the better!!! They have little finger brushes for training, so he gets used to it, and they don't look like much but they protect pretty well against those sharp little buggers!! and Chunky gets dentisticks as well, go ahead and get the large ones (great for power chewing) and break in half for now until a bit bigger!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online