Poor Chester...call the food police..

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
we didn't get a chance to go to PetSmart and ran out of Chester's Avoderm :*( Well..we gave him.. (get ready to gasp).. Milo's Beneful :eek: (keep in mind, I've really tried to wean Milo over to a better food, but he will not touch Avoderm). Anyway.. poor Chessie has been gagging and hacking for 2 days now and he threw up :down: I know it's the food.. poor boy :(

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Careful, he may poo on your foot for revenge!! ;)

OP
LisaRN

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
LOL.. yes, husband is on his way to PetSmart now for some good ole Avoderm. And to get Chessie's nails trimmed :eek: But hey, can't have it all. ;)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
[MENTION=530]LisaRN[/MENTION] I have small 2 oz samples of natures logic I could send to you, maybe Milo could taste those?

froggz

Mar 30, 2010
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
Don't feel too bad about milo's stubborness. I learned a long time ago that there are foods (not sure which ones) that are pheromone treated to make them more appealing to dogs. There may be something about the beneful that might be more appealing. Keep trying I'm sure you'll get him to switch too in time ;)

OP
LisaRN

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] I'd be willing to try those for him. It's amazing..I even mixed it in with the beneful and he left every single morsel of avoderm in his bowl and ate the other stuff. He's older (8) and he's picky. I tried once to put some samples of wet food on his dry and he would even touch it. Luckily, he has really had no health issues at all. But our cocker spaniel who we put to sleep about a year and a half ago - if he had better food, I think he would have had a better life his past couple of years - he had so many health issues, that a better food may have helped :(

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I will put some samples to you in the mail then [MENTION=530]LisaRN[/MENTION]

It may be a tough switch at the age of 8. They put chicken digest in most cheap foods that makes it more 'appealing' to dogs. Unfortunately, it is not good stuff (chicken digest) at all. :( But you never know, AvoDerm is quite unique in smell (to me it smells good), so maybe a different brand is what you need. :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.