Disturbing, scary, and most likely a scam

Mar 19, 2013
Country
Good old US of A
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman(RIP) & Jenkins
I had a crazy bulldog thing happen yesterday.... I belong to several FaceBook yardsale/consignment pages for my city/county. Yesterday as I am trolling for crap I surely don't need-at least according to the hubs- I came across a post for 2 EB puppies. Adorable fat rolly ones. Poster said she was looking for good homes and didn't list a price or rehoming fee. so I sent her a message to get some more info. Pretty sure I was going to get the big price tag I was expecting. I'm going to attach the screenshots I took of the fb messages we had. Screenshot_2013-09-17-09-59-50.pngScreenshot_2013-09-17-10-00-01.pngScreenshot_2013-09-17-10-00-40.jpgScreenshot_2013-09-17-10-00-49.jpg During this I was scouting around on Esther's page and found she's a member of over 200 groups-a lot of which were yardsale sites. So I did some more sleuthing and the puppies were on at least 3 other sites. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt but 99.9% of the time if it sounds too good to be true...... I sent the admin a message about it. The admin removed her from the group. And I haven't heard back from her after saying I can meet her up there....:confused:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Even if this isn't a scam, she isn't a reputable breeder that's for sure, why would anyone advertise puppies on a yard sale site, if they were a reputable breeder, and had the best interest of the puppies at heart? Did she post pictures of the puppies?

OP
MelanieNormansMom
Mar 19, 2013
Country
Good old US of A
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman(RIP) & Jenkins
yes she posted pics and sent me more in the messages.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Scam, you can tell by their grammar errors. They just want your $200 and then you will never get your pup. It's all over the Internet and is known as the "Nigerian puppy scam"

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Scam, you can tell by their grammar errors. They just want your $200 and then you will never get your pup. It's all over the Internet and is known as the "Nigerian puppy scam"

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

I know this is serious. But when you said Nigerian puppy scam I burst out into laughter. Same premise as the Nigerian Prince who wants your bank account info to transfer his fortune to you for safe keeping.

[MENTION=8418]MelanieNormansMom[/MENTION] good for you for reporting this heffer and getting her removed

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I'd say scam myself!!! If it looks a bulldog and barks like a bulldog then it must be a bulldog....No one would risk leaving their fur baby with a total stranger, heck we hate leaving our fur babies with people we know let alone total strangers.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
scam, scam, scam.... writing said it all to me.

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
I never read something that actually sounded in my head like a recorded message more than that. If it really is a scam then may the gods have mercy on their souls. Exploiting Bulldog cuteness.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online