true or not?

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)

Attachments

• mlp-pdontsay.png
    mlp-pdontsay.png
    2.4 KB · Views: 109
  • smiley_emoticons_steckenpferd.gif
    smiley_emoticons_steckenpferd.gif
    5 KB · Views: 83

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
He sure looks like a bulldog to me, and a pretty darn cute one at that. When people are rude enough to ask, I would tell them, he's a purebred with rare colours, so he was more expensive and more special.

ZeusCsmommy

May 9, 2013
Stockton, California, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
Show dogs have so many qualifications. I know mine has a twirly tail and it ends up so he would be disqualified and who knows what other defects they would fine on him... But to me he's perfect from head to feet to his little twirly piggy tail... He's probably crossed with a pot belly pig...

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Show dogs have so many qualifications. I know mine has a twirly tail and it ends up so he would be disqualified and who knows what other defects they would fine on him... But to me he's perfect from head to feet to his little twirly piggy tail... He's probably crossed with a pot belly pig...

I love my Shelly Bean no matter what!! I love him from the tip of his adorable nose to the tip of his comma shaped tale

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Ha ha good reply!

I just busted up... LMAO!!!

I have never heard of a black bully not being pure bred. That's crazy...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Ok so i've had many people tell me my bull dog could not be a pure bread bull dog because he is black and white...but i got his papers and the people i got him from said he is...and other people have told me that black and white colors on and EB is rare? anyone wanna help me out so i know what im supposed to tell people when they ask. :confused:
Katielyn, I think your question, is more about the breed standards, Show Quality, rather than being an English Bulldog, Trust me, when people see Rambo, I tell them he's a miniature Saint Bernard, and I'm looking for the rescue barrel to hang under his neck, They love Saint Bernards, and I don't have to worry about idiots trying to nab one of my pets for Money. Lets Tag [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION], and [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] to answer the breed show standards. Rocky is tri-color, Deer skin, white and black, and he may not be up to show standards, but he's a Rock Star everytime he goes to Pet Smart, or whenever he's socializing in the general public. People who have to ask me what kind of dog I have, don't understand these are my kids. Their not dogs.... I don't feel like I owe any of them any details, and the ones who know what they are, appreciate them much more. I've been accused of owning Pitt Bulls, because my daughter has one, and we go to pet stores together, and they think Rocky is the pit bulls puppy lol.

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
I've heard more and less on the black mixed in bullies, from hearing they have been mixed with Boston Terriers to whatever else.

I personally say, when in doubt, get the DNA test done, it'll show you the family tree pretty far back :) and they really arent overly expensive either :)

I'm against any breeder selling 'Rare Colors' or 'breeding for colors' (Yes even breeding for ONLY White Bullies) I want the breeders to breed for Health as being their top priorities :) :)

traceylynn172

May 23, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver ,Maui, Cupcake ,Winter, EEyore, Piglet, Roo and Hana
The AKC standard for english bulldogs does not list black as a desirable color. Color of Coat
The color of coat should be uniform, pure of its kind and brilliant. The various colors found in the breed are to be preferred in the following order: (1) red brindle, (2) all other brindles, (3) solid white, (4) solid red, fawn or fallow, (5) piebald, (6) inferior qualities of all the foregoing. Note: A perfect piebald is preferable to a muddy brindle or defective solid color. Solid black is very undesirable, but not so objectionable if occurring to a moderate degree in piebald patches. The brindles to be perfect should have a fine, even and equal distribution of the composite colors. In brindles and solid colors a small white patch on the chest is not considered detrimental. In piebalds the color patches should be well defined, of pure color and symmetrically distributed.
The only thing that is a disqualification in a bulldog according to AKC is a brown or liver nose. In all the years I have shown I have only seen one person try to show a black bulldog and they were not very happy when they did not place with there dog and the judge told them why they did not place nor where they happy when several long time big named handles gave them there opinion about there dog. They entered in a larger specialty show and it didnt go over as well as they wanted and they were quite vocal about it :(
That being said you find color of all kind in just about any dog so people dont always understand not to mention most people dont know alot about bulldogs.
Some breeders have problems with breeders that breed stricktly for color instead of paying attention to the health and temperment of the dogs they breed. You find them all over the internet with breeders charging outrages prices for there "RARE" colors. And you will find alot of them claim to have alot of champions in there pedigree.

Either way you have a cute puppy and you know what he is and love him regardless of his color, drool, wrinkles, and stinky little bum :)
I think I would probabley judge the person asking and if there being rude and a smartass I would give them a smart *** answer back :)
And if it was someone that just really doesnt know about bulldogs and is just curious answer them and explain about his color. You find alot of people especially when you show bulldogs that really just dont know anything about them and they dont realize how great they are or how much work they can be. Since they come in all shapes and sizes and you can see that if you go to a show especially a specialty show you will see short, tall, fat, skinny and a variety of red,white,fawn,and brindle colors. Which for those of us that love bullies is one of the greatest things to see 50 to 200 bullies (Depending on the size of the show)all in one place and all looking there cute bullie selves :)

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
I get the same crap from people. Mainly "isn't he too tall to be an english bulldog?" Or his face is too long or he is too muscular. " Is he Victorian or english? Is he olde english maybe?"

Forget em all
A bulldog is a bulldog is a bulldog

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.