true or not?

Katielyn

Sep 15, 2013
PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester Winston (Chesty)
Ok so i've had many people tell me my bull dog could not be a pure bread bull dog because he is black and white...but i got his papers and the people i got him from said he is...and other people have told me that black and white colors on and EB is rare? anyone wanna help me out so i know what im supposed to tell people when they ask. :confused:

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Tell them if he isn't he the best darn looking mix breed you've ever seen!!!! Or tell them to do some research not all bullies are the same color shape size etc and that you are 100% sure he is genetically an English Bulldog....smile sweetly then give them the finger....LOL ok not really just kidding don't give them the finger but do tell them the other stuff and I bet [MENTION=8699]Casper[/MENTION] and [MENTION=6717]pdolphin27[/MENTION] and [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] and [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] would have something better to say as well as quite a few other members.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I don't know how the genetics work, but there are breeders who are breeding for "rare" colors. And many who charge even more than regular for those colors. It can be a very heated topic because there are also those who don't feel that is for the good of the breed and shouldn't be done.

We get the same comments about Amelia. And honestly we aren't sure if she is full EB or Olde English...but we don't care! We were told by our vet when they called and asked us to save her that she was bred for the rare color and pure EB. But have also been told that the pairing wasn't a good match and that's why she has the hip issues she has. (this is why many don't feel they should be bred for color only)

She's so much longer legged and going to be a lot bigger than HRH, and we tease these days and say she's really part pony. We love her none the less and even if she is part pony she's our Pretty Little Pony! :heart:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I heard they weren't recognized by abc but obviously if u have the papers then they are. I'm curious. She does look EB and is super cute.

It is my understanding that they are recognized by AKC, and can be papered, as long as both parents and so many (I don't know how many) generations back are registered. But they would be disqualified in the show ring and therefore can't be shown because of the non standard colors.

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I just think that if people are going to open their mouths about an animal they have no knowledge of makes them look pretty stupid. Its just :drawheart: one of the many things I love about this breed. :heart:

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Yet another one of the dumbest things I have heard :) a bulldog is a bulldog even if it is black and white :)

- - - Updated - - -

Yet another one of the dumbest things I have heard :) a bulldog is a bulldog even if it is black and white :) oh and tell people when they ask don't be a hater lol

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Can't really add to what has already been said by the others.

You can rest assured that you do have a pure EB but one with rare colours!!

ZeusCsmommy

May 9, 2013
Stockton, California, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
It is my understanding that they are recognized by AKC, and can be papered, as long as both parents and so many (I don't know how many) generations back are registered. But they would be disqualified in the show ring and therefore can't be shown because of the non standard colors.

Thanks for clarifying. I don't remember where I had heard that. But as long as the bully is healthy color shouldn't matter.

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Yet another one of the dumbest things I have heard :) a bulldog is a bulldog even if it is black and white :)

- - - Updated - - -

Yet another one of the dumbest things I have heard :) a bulldog is a bulldog even if it is black and white :) oh and tell people when they ask don't be a hater lol

Lol I am so going to say that the next time some one says Sheldon is part boxer *pointing finger up* uh uh don't be hatin' God don't like ugly.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
I have two black and white bullies (one more white than black, but still). They are AKC registered but unqualifiable in the show ring because black is considered a fault in a bulldog. Mine are both pure bred EB's and my other (red/white) is also purebred but when he was a puppy looked more like a boxer, right @desertskybulldogs? But I actually think he's half billy goat because he climbs all over everything LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.