Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
image.jpgOops you didn't do it again. I totally agree with everyone's comments, lily looks good to me, she doesn't look to fat. My vet said the same thing to me, my two guys weigh 45 lbs each at almost 19 months old, and she said they should be 40 lbs. I don't think mine look to fat, but she says it's better for them to be on the lighter side for their joints. I fed our guys 1 cup of Fromms Beef three times a day until they were 7 months old, and then eliminated the afternoon feeding, and then fed them 1 cup of kibble twice a day. I think that if they are active and look good with a well defined waist, then you don't need to put them on a diet.

Last edited:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
[MENTION=9105]Pati Robins[/MENTION]
I think she looks GREAT!!! If she's fat then Winston is OBESE... he is 55 lbs and just turned 9 mos old. I'm going to cut down on his food a tad, but honestly while they are pups they are going to go thru the fat/thin stage while they are growing. I haven't been able to exercise as much because of the heat, but as it cools down we will be back to our walks. Lilly is a beautiful baby, so don't worry!!! :D

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Well since you posted this thread about size I will take advantage and ask about mine. I feel like he's soo thin. He loves to eat and eats 2-3cups of food a day. His vet says he's perfect but he's usually thinner that all the other bulldogs I've seen. Should I feed him more. Anyone else have a thin bulldog or am I just being weird.

Wow he has a lot of muscle tone he must be incredibly active! I think he looks good, but he's probably a lot like my Pookie, very active and muscular. I know I try to give Pookie a little extra to try to get some meat on his bones but I also know that he is a good weight for his size and activity. Eventually as he gets older and more lazy it will start to stick more. I also noticed that if I overfeed him to try to get him to gain weight, his anal glads fill up whereas if I give him the proper amount to keep him where he is, they don't. So I decided I will just be patient and let him gain weight when it's time. He will be healthier that way.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Im hanging my head in shame! Last month i switched fully my girls to new food and...looks like my 5 months old girl is getting porky! I done it with Shy too and at 6 months of age vet suggested i put Shy on strict diet! - i should know better! I know Lily is just a puppy ,but i don't think that excess weight is doing her good
Time to reduce her food! ;-(
usahutad.jpg

3uta3uda.jpg

She looks fabulous! She is young still and carrying some baby fat, I think she's perfect.

ZeusCsmommy

May 9, 2013
Stockton, California, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
Wow he has a lot of muscle tone he must be incredibly active! I think he looks good, but he's probably a lot like my Pookie, very active and muscular. I know I try to give Pookie a little extra to try to get some meat on his bones but I also know that he is a good weight for his size and activity. Eventually as he gets older and more lazy it will start to stick more. I also noticed that if I overfeed him to try to get him to gain weight, his anal glads fill up whereas if I give him the proper amount to keep him where he is, they don't. So I decided I will just be patient and let him gain weight when it's time. He will be healthier that way.

he does have tons of energy. We haven't really walked him all summer since it gets really hot if we do it like at 7-8 am and definitely for long it will start warming up.. My husband is in love with the massive bullies.

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Thank you for your replies -after last time vet told me off for overfeeding Shy i got a bit worried
I just weighed her and she weights 29.7 lbs
She weight on 6.sept (5 months) 28.4 lbs

buffym

Apr 30, 2013
Allen Park, Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie, Dually (Forever in my Heart)
I agree with everyone else, I honestly don't think she looks porky. She still has a waist and looks just fine to me.

alyssahope

Jul 23, 2013
Birmingham, AL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Queen Margaret May
I think she looks great. She actually looks a little thin to me in the first photo. She's filled in to about Maggie's width it looks like. The vet told me Maggie is an ideal weight for her size. (41 lbs, she is small)
agy5y7ub.jpg

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.