Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
So today Princess had her last part of her heartworm treatment!!!!! :dancing: We began treatment in May and 4 months later it's finally over!!! The pain and discomfort part of the treatment is long gone and she only had to have an oral shot of Ivermectin today! I take her back to the vet in 3 weeks to get her tested for baby worms then I take her in 5 months to get tested for adult worms, fingers crossed that both come back negative!! And September 10th was her half birthday so we figured we just needed to celebrate these big occasions! It may sound silly celebrating a half birthday but since we adopted her 7 months ago at the age of 9 I want to celebrate as much as possible with her! To celebrate I brought her to Polka Dogs, a local dog bakery, to get a cake and lots of treats! Here are some pics of them about to have their cake! :)

photo-150.jpg photo-151.jpg photo-152.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Fantastic reasons to celebrate.... Great work, Melissa ! Happy birthday Princess

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Exactly what I was thinking also !! This is fantastic news, and Princess is so lucky to have someone to take such great care of her. In the South, Heartworms for Hunting Dogs is considered a death sentance. It's wonderful to see other pet owners care so much for their pets. Princess will repay you with Love over and over again, I know she will! :)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Great News! And happy Half Birthday Princess!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
That cake looks sooooo yummy! What a great reason to celebrate!!!!! Happy half birthday pretty girl!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
mcraven2

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Thanks for the very kind words everyone! I'm just so proud of her, she's such a trooper!

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
WooHoo :birthday: Princess, what a lucky girl to get such a yummy cake and such a sweetheart for sharing with Gio & Diva ... keeping fingers crossed both tests come back negative :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.