Tyson

Luv2dive1

Sep 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson
Hello,

I really need everyone help and I hope I can get some answers here. I wish Iwas writing under better circumstance but unfortunately I'm not. On Monday Icame home after work to find my 1 year old Bulldog Tyson having Seizers in hiscerate, I had come home for lunch to let him out so he had only been alone for3 hours or so. When I let him out for lunch he was fine and was acting normal.I immediately rush him to my vet (we were there in 10 minutes or less) theyinformed me he had a tempter of a 110 degrees! They cooled him off and then wemoved him to an emergency vet with an ICU. After they ran some test the vetcame in and told us that because his tempter had gotten so high he had wouldmost likely have brain damage and that he had kidney failure! She told us itwould be around 6000 dollars for the first night and only had a 5% chance ofliving through the night! Please don't get me wrong I would have spent themoney that was not the issue we loved him so much he was our child and I wouldhave done anything to save him but she told us he would never fully recover ifhe did live through the night! I believe quality of life is the most importantthing and I knew he would never be the same! So we had to make one of thehardest decision of our lives and put him down!

I'm just wondering if anyone has seen or heard of this before? I'm having areally hard time with it and can't for the life of me figure out how one minutehe seems fine and then the next he is gone!

Thanks you in advance for any help

Tkelley

Oct 15, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Guinevere, Little Be
I'm of no help but I wanted to say I'm so sorry for your loss.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
I don't have experience with this either, but hopefully others will be able to give their input. I'm so sorry for the loss of your Tyson.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I don't have any advice for you! I am so sorry for your loss! Prayers xoxo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
So sorry for your loss xxx it must be very tough for you xxx
i never experienced this myself, but a friend of mine have a dog who suffered cluster seizures with high temperatures , after emergency vet and tests to determinate what caused the seizure he was prescribed some valium from what i remember ,then vet switched his meds to something else her boy is now 6 (but every dog is different i think her boy was lucky)

I found some information hope its ok to post the link
http://www.curiohoundsigs.com/Health pages/your_beloved_companion_has_just_.htm

Last edited:

GunnyHighway

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
I can't imagine how hard this has to be for you. I am so sorry to hear this. I am sorry for your loss.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
I am so sorry for your loss of Tyson. I have loved and lost 5 Bulldogs (over a 30 plus year span) and know too well that they can be real heart breakers. I would ask your vet for a detailed explanation of what caused the high temp. spike.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I am very sorry to hear of your loss. I can only imagine what a heart wrenching decision that was to make. It honestly sounds like you did what was best for Tyson. I myself have no experience with this. I just wanted to say how sorry I was for you and your family.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
[MENTION=4219]Emily[/MENTION] had something very similar to this happen to her fur baby....answer me this did you have a cooling pad for your fur baby?

OP
L

Luv2dive1

Sep 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson
We did not have a cooling pad but he stayed in our house which is never more than 74 degrees.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So very sorry for the sudden loss of your baby. I did experience something like this, Nitschke was 7 yrs old and he was fine, playing, eating, everything normal... next morning it all was very different.. We woke up to him being OK but an hour into the day he vomited and by 5:00 pm. We were saying goodbye.... We were told his heart gave out with a possibility of something wrong with his spleen and liver, but without the necropsy being done... We really never know.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
We did not have a cooling pad but he stayed in our house which is never more than 74 degrees.
Ok just checking [MENTION=4219]Emily[/MENTION] 's Debo chewed up his cooling pad and she came home from work same situation only with vomiting up the gel out of the cooling pad. I am of no help here but we are all here for you.:pray::cry::hug:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so very sorry for your loss... I have never experienced a seizure w/any of my bullies, but since I've been on this forum they seem very common. I have lost 2 bullies in the last year, please accept my condolences. It's very hard to lose them so suddenly... :(

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I am very sorry for your loss. I can't help you as I have no experience with seizures but they're are plenty on here that do and I'm sure they will be along shortly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
I'm so sorry for your loss. I have no experience in this, but I'm sure someone else will come along that can give you some information.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.