Boxer / Coonhound good partner for Kain?

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Hey all long time away I know hope your all doing well.

Is a boxer coonhound male a good companion for Kain our English bully?

Would two males collide? What's your thoughts? We trained Kain so well and a couple has a 10 week to give away so just wondering if I should keep Kain the way he is (Awesome LOL) or get him a friend.

Thoughts?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Well..hi! I've missed your great pics of Kain! Personally, I think males together do better than females. Boxers are a lot like bully's as far as strong willed..but at 10 weeks I have confidence you can handle it. Just be mindful that Kain is the one who will feel out of sorts and jealous. Coonhounds need lots of good exercise..what an interesting combination! Of course, we will need pics!

OP
Vince00

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Yeah I think I can provide everything except the rigorous excersise daily. I would only do it if I can provide all needed, poor dogs when people take them and them want to give away so fast.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Yeah I think I can provide everything except the rigorous excersise daily. I would only do it if I can provide all needed, poor dogs when people take them and them want to give away so fast.

I sooo agree! That's why shelters are so full of wonderful dogs..it's the humans that fail..not the dogs. :(

OP
Vince00

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Your posts always make me smile LOL wish there was more time in the day to do everything.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Vince!!! Nice to see you! If anyone can raise them together happily I have no doubt you can.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Boxers are great breed too i grew up with them ;-) -i think you can quite easily manage with 2 dogs -plus your bully will have a companion ;-)

OP
Vince00

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Hey Vic nice to see you again too, hope all the training and behavorial stuff is in order ;)

Looks like there keeping him now so I'm not going to need to take him off there hands, this is a typical case of bad training and another dog gets given away as bad :(

Hopefully they buckle down and work with him from the start.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Glad they saw the "light". I don't know anything about coonhounds, but I had a boxer and they are magnificent dogs. Your Kain is absolutely gorgeous. Really stunning looking dog!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Vince... Welcome back! If you we're to hand taken him, you could definitely make it work because of you discipline ... But happy to hear the owners are going to own up to their responsibility, for now, anyway.

so great to see you,posting.... Now where are the pics of your gorgeous Kain!!!! :tapfoot:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I don't know about the coonhound part, but I have a boxer that I absolutely adore!!! Roxie has been around for all of my bullies, and they are a great fit together... Good Luck & I would LOVE to see a pic of a coonhound/boxer mix!!! A howling boxer, that has got to be a HOOT... LOL

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.