Scared neighbors.

ZeusCsmommy

May 9, 2013
Stockton, California, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
So Zeus had been bugging me to go out and since it nice out I decided to let him .. So I was fixing up my laundry when I heard him barking like crazy so I go to the window to look out and saw my neighbor walking away from the side gate and saw that they are doing yard work.. So I decided time to come in. When I go get him I saw he had bashed the gate with his head he broke one of the wooden panel. The panel isn't as sturdy as it should be I mean we haven't changed it since we moved in but seriously dude doesn't it hurt you.. Well anyways my husband has some work to do today when he gets out of work and that's to fix the fence.

Zeus sure tricked my neighbors into thinking he's vicious which he's absolutely not. He's the sweetest boy ever. He was probably trying to get out to play with them. Lol. Well anyway I am a bit proud. I know they are not guard dogs at all but maybe he was being territorial which in my case I don't think it's a bad thing. He's never had aggressive behavior toward people, children nor other dogs. Do your bullies get territorial at all???
View attachment 55542 How can anyone be scared of that cute little face ?

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
We had friends that had an EBD/Mastiff mix and if he got a full head of steam going would put his head down and go straight through normal wooden fences. People would think he was viscous but he just wanted to play. Problem was their yard backed up to a little league field so it became a problem. They ended up having to put up a reinforced fence at the bottom so he couldn't break through.

HoochsMom

May 20, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hooch
My bully is very attached to me and sometime a bit jealous of me paying attention to other dogs. Otherwise, he is not at all aggressive. :-)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Ours will bark when they hear something strange outside or someone comes to the door, but once you are inside they are your buddy.

OP
ZeusCsmommy

ZeusCsmommy

May 9, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
Zeus is always super friendly. He can be out with out a leash and everything. I don't let him out without a leash in case of other dogs loose as well but he's just so sweet. So it surprised me to see that gate broken... If I open the gate and step out he will still stay inside. Maybe he felt they got to close. I usually don't let strangers near my house pet him I don't want him to get the idea that we are all friends but if we are out anyone can pet him and he won't even bark or anything. I have a wooden playlet and my girls like to have their little friends come in and he's fine he won't chase them or bug then. He will walk by to get attention ..

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
We have new next door neighbors who are doing a lot of work in their backyard too. The boys will bark and bark at them thru the fence but so far (thank goodness b/c i do not want to repair a fence), haven't bashed the fence in. Finn has tried going under the fence however but i usually catch him before he can dig enough to get thru. They're both very protective of their home and are good watchdogs. :bulldog:

OP
ZeusCsmommy

ZeusCsmommy

May 9, 2013
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
Maybe that's what it is. They are fairly new plus they barely ever come out to do yard work we barely ever seen them so maybe he freaked out when they got to close

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I have to admit before I became a bully lover I had that same impression of them being intimidating and aggressive..couldn't be further from the truth. I have to laugh when I see moms grab their kids when chum comes walking down the aisle at the pet store..

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks does tend to scare some as she has a very loud bark and strong stance , but unless you are edible , she is all talk!

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Everytime someone knocks at my door, Both the Bully's Rush the door, and before I can get out of the living room, I always here a "Thunk" knowing one of them is headbutting the door, And they act so agressive and intimidating, But when I open the door, their nothing shy of lick you to death!! Sometimes I worry about their agression getting bad, So I make constant trips to places like Pet Smart, and Parks, They love people, and love the attention, Never growl or bark, Totally different personalities. However I keep them very socialized with children and adults alike. At Pet Smart, they are both Rock Stars, and everyone of the staff knows them by name, and always has a treat for them, (Non Grain only) But another thing i've noticed, If I walk out of the bedroom, pull the door to, but it doesn't catch, They will as a pair, go back and open the door and explore. They are phenomally head strong, and will head butt me in a heart beat even in playing. As strong as they are, The fence doesn't stand a chance lol.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.