The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
Gunny is amazing at catching (and eating) flies minding their own business flying past his head in mid air. :guns: He goes into what I call "sniper mode" and sits just watching it till it gets close enough to bite/catch out of the air. He is now even going after low crawling bugs of any type. Crickets, lady bugs, or anything on air, land, and sea. I am assuming this is common for bulldogs? My wife thinks it is gross as he eats them but I die laughing watching him go into sniper mode. :ROFL:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Let me guess, his cousin is a cat? and his grandpa a huntin dog ? :ROFL:

KarenP

May 3, 2013
PEI
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia
Yup... mine does that too. But I'm like your wife and think it's gross and freak out lol

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Dudley tries but he usually doesn't catch them. But, he sure does a lot of stalking! Good for Gunny...he's gettin' it done!

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Winston does it too... he ate a cricket & water beetle yesterday before dinner!!! :pot:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea used to play with bugs and files.... Now all she is interested in outside are the frogs that come out at night. She like to hop after them and pick them up and move them back to the lighted area of the yard.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
:hmm:..good source of protein!

Mine do not have that talent; which is unfortunate b/c I could use the help with these pesky flies in my house!:bitching:

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Sheldon does this accept he doesn't eat them he just likes to kill them then we have to throw them away.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
VIDEO!!!!!!

Banks goes after anything that moves... Crazy!

OP
GunnyHighway

GunnyHighway

The Yacking Scuzz Brush Toilet King
Community Veteran
Aug 29, 2013
Ohio
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Highway
I will try to get a video.

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Gunny is amazing at catching (and eating) flies minding their own business flying past his head in mid air. :guns: He goes into what I call "sniper mode" and sits just watching it till it gets close enough to bite/catch out of the air. He is now even going after low crawling bugs of any type. Crickets, lady bugs, or anything on air, land, and sea. I am assuming this is common for bulldogs? My wife thinks it is gross as he eats them but I die laughing watching him go into sniper mode. :ROFL:
Here's an idea, after eating all those insects, I suggest brushing Gunny's teeth...... Just like my own, and I had a hard time teaching this to Rocky and Rambo, But they finally got the idea. See I started out with this electric tooth brush, and there's the pet tooth paste aat pet smarts and Amazon and many other places, BUT DO NOT USE HUMAN TOOTHPASTE !! Okay, so after the diet of insects comes the teeth Brushing, if you think Gunny's fast with the flies and bugs, "YOU AINT SEEN NOTHING YET" fire up the electric tooth brush, and please share the video with us!! Thnx

Mar 19, 2013
Country
Good old US of A
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman(RIP) & Jenkins
Norm eats flies too! He gets all huffy like them coming any where near his "personal space" is a total affront to his delicate sensibilities. His personal space usually encompasses the entire couch.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.