Someone needs an attitude readjustment....

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
Does anyone else have bullys with attitude problems? Brynn has been SO SO good sense I have got her and even got along with my cats.... yesterday she started growling at one, today she snapped at the other as he was walking by her. We go for a daily walk, every single time possible I take her with me, although I am back in school so I do have to leave to go to classes, but she can expect me to be home with her 24/7. She doesn't get put into her crate at all while I am gone as she will literally sit on the couch or at the top of the stairs and wait until I come back home ( I had my sister stay here while I was gone to find out ) so she won't chew on anything, but she sure acts like she has separation anxiety.... although like I said daily walks, we play with her toys when she wants to, run around the yard, I have a pool, she even sleeps with me so she has plenty of things to do and attention, let's be completely honest I would do anything for the dog but I cannot have her snapping at my cats like that... any clue? Im wondering if she has this attitude problem because maybe she doesn't feel good or is mad at me because I was in a huge rush to get to school and was there for quite a period of time today.

:(

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea has attitude problems from time to time. We have 4 cats and because one loves to play with her she thinks all of them will play with her. Our youngest bengal will play all day with her while our other two bengals will tolerate her when she is sniffing but run when she gets rough and our tabby just does its best to stay away from her when she is riled up. In order to curb some of this we have been working with Harlea's trainer and by using a combination of the leave it command, and this thing my wife got to grab her attention quickly and it is getting better. it's a mesh type bean bag thingy that has several links of chain in it that you toss or throw on the floor which makes a loud annoying sound and she stops in her tracks. If she is intent on continuing we will put her put her in timeout in her play pen for 10 minutes or until she calms down whichever happens first.

KarenP

May 3, 2013
PEI
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia
Like most of us do... we spoil our babies, cause we love them so much :luv:. Just a thought.. but could it be she gets too much attention when you're there? maybe she and you need some "downtime" from each other when you are home, so she realizes she doesn't need your attention all the time when you are there. Just thinking out loud :whistle:

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Loki and I had a huge problem with separation me for him and him for I! Eventually it came to a point where he would need to not be with me all the time. We give him rescue remedy to help with the anxiety that comes with being away and thanks to the awesome people on EBN we gave him some treats that he only gets when we are away. That keep him occupied so he doesn't get bored. Loki will cuddle on the bed for a while with us at night but he knows that once the lights go out his has to go down to the floor or his house, we took the door off so he can come and goes as he pleases he was really good at knocking the door shut on his kennel then not realizing that he could bump it back open, also because we have a fenced in yard he goes out alone the majority of the time so I can do what ever I need to do. The longer you guys are attached the harder it gets to break the habits for both of you.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
A lot of this type of behavior is because of the change in their routine... Whatever it is, it is not the same. Some Bulldogs have a higher level of OCD, but most canines are just all about routine. Give her treats,to keep her occupied and maybe a blanket of something with your scent to keep her calm. Also, try small windows of time where you leave and come back ... Let her know you will return.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.