Khaleesi the Punisher

AngAngeles13

Jul 18, 2013
Dallas, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Khaleesi
So since I went back to school 3 days a week, I have noticed a definite pattern.... When I finally get home on those days, my sweet little loving baby that follows me everywhere happily wagging her tail giving me kisses, letting me pet and play with her, asking to go outside and quietly basks in the sunlight by my side or sweetly roams around the yard with me checking things out.....turns into a pup who is hell bent on punishing me for leaving her. She wont let me pet her without getting bitten, constantly walks under my feet, nips at my clothing, bites my toes and tried to chew everything in the house, especially the stand up lamp in the corner of the living room which she seems determined to pull down and break. She's like a little Tasmanian Devil Dog.

:evil:

I know it's probably because she's been bored all day, but I swear sometimes I can see the little twinkle in her eye and a thought bubble above her head saying "Leave me again, B&*ch!"
And then the day that I'm home with her again all day.....my sweet angel returns. :whew:

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
She needs some fun toys! Kong toys or anything that she can't easily destruct along with a treat inside will help her to stay more active during the day and should help with her chewing as well. Loki has 2 kong toys that I fill with some of his kibble and top it off with peanut butter, the a nylabone stick that I fill up too. He only gets them filled before we leave him and he is allowed to play with them when we are home but they are not filled. Most of it is probably bordem like you mention so giving her something constructive to do during the day might help with her crabbiness at night :) Good luck :)

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
I go through the same thing with June! She is sweet when I come home and shakes her little wrinkle butt and we go outside and she lets me rub her belly and pet her, but as soon we go inside she is just non-stop play and biting! If I stop playing with her for 1 minute to text someone back or watch a little TV she is ear-piercing barking at me. She calms down after an hour or 2 but dang... she has that little bubble too I just know it!

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
That's hilarious! Ruthie is the same way. If I don't give her at least 10 mins of my full attention when I get home everyday I get the silent treatment and she refuses to talk to me. They just like to be with their people.

truffle shuffle

Dec 23, 2012
DC area
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
oh yeah, Chunk needs at least a solid 10 min. of lovin in the morning when he is let of his crate (as though I need to make up for the 9 hours he was in there without me)but if I'm working away from home I get a pouty demanding little **** when I come home... oooooo I get the stink eye so bad!!! Even if it's the weekend and my hubby is home with him.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Sounds familiar.... Except Harlea turns all shark baby with her nightly spaz attacks whether we were with her all day or not. My daughters pj's are her absolute favorite during this time.

OP
AngAngeles13

AngAngeles13

Jul 18, 2013
Dallas, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Khaleesi
Oh she's got plenty of chew toys, and I switch them out each day so she doesn't get bored. Notttt working. haha!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I think Khaleesi is playing a Game of Thrones with you! (I guess thats only funny if that's how she got her name)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She'll fix you for leaving her alone :stinkeye:

OP
AngAngeles13

AngAngeles13

Jul 18, 2013
Dallas, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Khaleesi
I think Khaleesi is playing a Game of Thrones with you! (I guess thats only funny if that's how she got her name)

I just now saw this response! Haha! I sure couldn't have come up with that name out of the blue. ;) We're definite GOT fans.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.