Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:droolers:Hi, everyone, does anyone else have a bully that licks the finish off their stainless steel bowl? Lol
Bulldozer and Blossom will eat all their food, or I should say inhale their food, and then when it's empty, they stay at their bowls and lick, and lick, and lick, until I think they're going to lick the stainless steel finish off the bowls. Then of course they look at me with those puppy dog eyes that say
" Hey Mom isn't there anymore"?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Yep. Harlea is the same way and when I go to pick up her bowl she starts sniffing and licking all over again until i have stood back up.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
When mine are finished eating, they go to each others bowls, hoping someone left a crumb or two(NOT). Then they will lick and lick each others dishes, like someone had better food, "how come I didn't have that?!" But, they all had the same.You know, the "grass(food) is always greener on the other side of the fence!" which , in this case is someone else's dish!:p

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Surprisingly, Dudley doesn't do this. Piglet that he is...I would expect him to be that way, but he usually leaves a few pieces in his bowl!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
chumley used to inhale his food..since I switched to Fromms he eats half..Ive heard people rave about Fromms but in his case its increased his shedding, itching, and caused diarrhea...plus he doesn't really seem to like it..damn!

RazrRila99

Mar 24, 2013
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Colossus
[MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION] - Im still trying to find the best fit for Colossus. I know no more white potatoes (gives him yeast spots) so that takes out Fromm Grain free foods.

Since I switched Colossus to a slow feed bowl he doesnt eat nearly as fast and doesnt lick the finish off the bowl. He just gets done eating looks up at me and says "Please daddy, can I has some mo"

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Loki will keep trying to eat every crumb out too normally I just take the bowl away and wash it out then give it back he then wants nothing to do with it after that LOL

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Tubby won't lick the finish off. Couple months ago we had an issue with him refusing to eat, so any time he ate we would praise him like he just won the Super Bowl! So now the second he's down he runs over to you and leads you to his bowl so he gets his celebration and does the bully butt wiggle

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Both my EB & Boxer do this, and it drives me insane... Especially when I mix the yogurt in w/the kibble!!! :weird:

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Surprisingly, Dudley doesn't do this. Piglet that he is...I would expect him to be that way, but he usually leaves a few pieces in his bowl!
that was Sheldon but when we changed his food he actually leaves about half a cup in his bowl I guess he is getting full faster then Gigi (MIL's Dog) eats what is left in his bowl and she has the same thing in her bowl but she would rather eat what Sheldon leaves....makes no sense to me.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
that was Sheldon but when we changed his food he actually leaves about half a cup in his bowl I guess he is getting full faster then Gigi (MIL's Dog) eats what is left in his bowl and she has the same thing in her bowl but she would rather eat what Sheldon leaves....makes no sense to me.

She thinks Sheldon has something better! They are so funny.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
She is so silly she won't touch her food unless she is sure there isn't anything in Sheldon's dish or around Sheldon's dish then she will eat out of her dish. :sneaky2:

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
Bella eats all her food licks the bowl and will lick the floor haha she is a hog too she eats so fast and then will sit at our feet so close she might as well be in our lap for our food...

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Mine will lick them clean then stop. [MENTION=7260]Chumley[/MENTION] FROMM will take their food back, just take it back to were you bought is and either exchange it for a different protein or just get your money back. There are several proteins of FROMM that mine don't really care for, but they all love the Pork and Peas.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Mine will lick them clean then stop. @Chumley FROMM will take their food back, just take it back to were you bought is and either exchange it for a different protein or just get your money back. There are several proteins of FROMM that mine don't really care for, but they all love the Pork and Peas.

i bought it through petflow advertised here. Thank you David I will try to return it..I just dont know what to go with..he wasnt crazy about the Pork and Peas either.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online