chicken poop

Dana F

Jul 30, 2013
Macon, Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petey Pete AKA "Stinky Pete"
We live in the country and have lots of chickens that run the yard during the day. I like them to run the grounds cause they eat all kinds of bugs. But my problem is Stinky LOVES to eat the poop. He doesn't want to play outside cause he is too busy looking for poop. I have tried the pray bottle outside..but DAMN he is fast when it comes to poop...lol. I know that it can't be good for him to eat it ...plus its just gross. I have also tried putting him on a dog leash but would like him to run free when were outside.Could use help on this one. thanks

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
He is a stinker! I'm sorry...I got nothin' on this one. I'm sure someone will have some thoughts that will be helpful. Good luck!

truffle shuffle

Dec 23, 2012
DC area
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
I have heard that if you feed them pineapple the taste will change to yucky for puppy... might be worth a try, to throw a little canned stuff in the food!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I have no idea how you would deter him from eating chicken poop. We have a lot of wild bunnies where I live, and my two like to eat the rabbit pellets they leave behind, it's so gross, wish I knew how to stop them from doing this too. Lol. You would think it was a gourmet snack the way they sniff for the rabbit poop.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
For some gross reason chicken poop is gourmet to dogs! I have never found something that deters them from eating it. You could go around and sprinkle cayenne pepper on every plop.......or chicken diapers..........Honestly, if he has access to it, he's gonna eat it.

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Maya loves the litter box. Check out sad dog diaries on you tube, that's totally what maya thinks of the litterbox!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
The scoop on poop!ha!ha! When I rescued a Malanois, he was obsessed with eating his own poop!( he was a skeleton, and probably developed that habit from starving) though that is not always the reason... Tried several things that didn't work. Then I decided that if I couldn't STOP him, I would brush his teeth each time he did it! I just used a toothbrush, and human toothpaste. Well, he HATED the toothpaste! It only took three times-I would smell his breath and say "you ate poop?!" Then brush his teeth! After the third time, he never ate poop again! I have heard the "pineapple trick" but didn't work for him. BUT you would have to feed the pineapple to the chickens! I bet most dogs would love the toothpaste-but Moose sure didn't. Since the chickens wander so much,and the bully is quick-I can't think of a solution, except chicken prison! AAWWWKKKKKK!!!!:jail:

yoder

Jul 14, 2013
Edinboro, Pa
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
Paisley
I have horses and last night Paisley got her first taste of a horse turd. She picked it up and ran as fast as she could so I couldn't get it in time. came back licking her lips !

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.