EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Toxic products

I agree... it's crazy to think what we are ingesting not to mention our doggies!!! I've try to purchase organic/hormone free foods, but it's VERY hard while I have a teen & pre-teen in my home. If they want the other stuff, they have to purchase it!!! Not to mention that eating healthier is so dang expensive!!! Makes no damn sense...

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    Well..honestly, it's frightening what's in our OWN foods too. I just read where the allowable fecal content has been raised in our meat too. AND chicken from China can now be imported into the U.S.. Not California, thank goodness..we have much higher standards on poultry, but all this and the stupid segment in Congress wants to do away with the FDA...oh ya...the BAD government protecting what we eat! Dumb asses! You think dog food is bad now....just wait.
    I just found out yesterday that our daughters favorite thing in the world- strawberry flavoring- comes from a Beavers butt! This was certainly on my didn't need to know list!!!!

http://www.snopes.com/food/ingredient/castoreum.asp

Great post Monica, it's important to know about what we put in our dogs mouth- as well as our own- even if we don't want to know!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by desertskybulldogs View Post
    I just found out yesterday that our daughters favorite thing in the world- strawberry flavoring- comes from a Beavers butt! This was certainly on my didn't need to know list!!!!

http://www.snopes.com/food/ingredient/castoreum.asp

Great post Monica, it's important to know about what we put in our dogs mouth- as well as our own- even if we don't want to know!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Ohhhhhhh myyyyyyy Gawdddddddd....

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

OMG. That is so DISGUSTING. I love strawberry yogurt, and jello, but not any more. NASTY. Lol. I think if we knew half the stuff that was in our foods we would probably starve to death. My father in law never ate jams, and when I asked him, he said it was because when he was younger he had a job in a jam making facility, and fruit flies, flies and other bugs would continuously fall into the jam batches, and although they took the ones out that they found, the rest got cooked into the jam, and the Government has a level that is allowed in the jam. So gross, so he would never eat any jam, unless my mother in law made it at home.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Debo
    Likes (Received)

I completely agree! I love this post! Thank you!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads