Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Oh my dear friend, your stress is breaking my heart...please know you must put
your health before everything else and your children need YOU, no one else can
take a Mother's place. Some times life puts us in a very hard place and it's not fair
but we must be courageous and do the right thing by all. There is no way you can
spread yourself around just not physically possible. GOD will honor your decision
and take care of your beloved bully...your devotion to him is so evident, I have tears
for how difficult this has been on you. I think you know, you must let him go to your
trainer where he can be watched as he needs to be, he has the other dogs to play
with and let your mind be eased...he will be happy! How wonderful that she wants
him and you trust her, what a great blessing you don't have to search for a home.
It seems to me GOD has provided for all of you, will certainly keep all of you in prayers.
Please ease up on yourself, you've done a great job caring for him now you must care
for yourself & your children after giving him to a loving & kind person willing to take him.
GOD be with you & yours...sending you big hugs!
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

OP
DeeDee

DeeDee

Feb 19, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Busters
Oh my dear friend, your stress is breaking my heart...please know you must put
your health before everything else and your children need YOU, no one else can
take a Mother's place. Some times life puts us in a very hard place and it's not fair
but we must be courageous and do the right thing by all. There is no way you can
spread yourself around just not physically possible. GOD will honor your decision
and take care of your beloved bully...your devotion to him is so evident, I have tears
for how difficult this has been on you. I think you know, you must let him go to your
trainer where he can be watched as he needs to be, he has the other dogs to play
with and let your mind be eased...he will be happy! How wonderful that she wants
him and you trust her, what a great blessing you don't have to search for a home.
It seems to me GOD has provided for all of you, will certainly keep all of you in prayers.
Please ease up on yourself, you've done a great job caring for him now you must care
for yourself & your children after giving him to a loving & kind person willing to take him.
GOD be with you & yours...sending you big hugs!
:hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

Thank you Texas Carol! I've decided to let him go to the trainers when I get close to having the twins. This will let me see how he does for a longer period (usually he's just there for a weekend or week at the most during my last pregnancy!). Also, it will give me a chance to see how I can cope with twins and if I think I can manage him. If he hates being there long term then I will take him back! If he is thriving then I will leave him.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Hmm that is a very tough decision to make and only you can make it
I cant really help you but give you sone of my expirience
I googled cleft palette dog surgery -and this can be done at a cost ,but you would have to consult it with your vet if it still can be done( if your baby is insured this might be covered i should think so ,but if not vet that you know and use often sometimes can set up some kind of payment plan)

Other thing that concerns me is giving your baby to the trainer and then taking him back -from my own experience with a foster dog that was passed from home to home -at age of 7 months she was seriously messed up to the point i was worn out just by looking after her , it took us a lot of time to get her to be "a bit normal" -she never trusted anyone and couldn't settle properly and tbh i can understand that as she was indeed passed from home to home
I know it is very hard especially that you are having twins on a way -and you will be most likely spending 24/7 with them

Other option maybe is to get your hubby to walk your baby after work etc,i always say that fresh air will do anyone good (even rain lol) ;-))

With regards to chew toys -buy them oversized we got largest kong extreme (black ones) and i had a range of big foster dogs mostly chewers and none of them managed to swallow big toys , we also buy huge chunky rope toys (balls) that are size of my head and very heavy this where always a hit ;-)

The only dog that sadly have to left us was another messed up dog that was attacking my deaf girl to the point of her visiting vet for stitches every day for 5 days in a row and almost lost an eye -trainer couldn't help us ,but i dont think this is relevant

Whatever decision you and your family will make Depends on your circumstances , as i know you are want all best for your fur baby xxx

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.