Leesa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Diesel & Molly (R.I.P. Madison 12/2013)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What's Best For My Bulldog?

@DeeDee - I have been in a simular situation, my bulldog fell in love with a friends children and ended up going to live with her family a few years later and some bad choices on the so called friends part, she is back home with me, in the time gone a lot of changes were made in my life but she came back home to me and settled right by back into the family like she had never been gone ... Best choice for both of us was to bring her back home and she will live with me for the rest of her life, I will not ever let her go again!! Such a hard choice, good luck with deciding what to do, keep us posted.
    I suffer from "M.B.S." (Multiple Bulldog Syndrome)
    because one bulldog is NEVER enough!!

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

First of all take a deep breath the stress of this could potentially put you into premature labor and that isn't good for you, the babies or you fur baby. Twins are something I do know something about mine are 9 soon to be 10. Let me tell you what saved my sanity bouncy seats, a comfortable carpet on the floor, and one of those mixers that looks like a trolling motor, and a large mixing cup. Make four bottles at a time that way all you have to do is warm them. I would put Meaghan on one side and Mykenzie on the other I fed them at the same time burped them consecutively changed them put them down for a nap. its ALL about schedules. Let me tell you something else when you have a multiple pregnancy the hormones going through your system are double to a single birth. Meaning you will be more emotional than normal maybe even have terrible dreams I did. I did go into premature labor my girls are 6 weeks early. Just take a deep calming breath, meditate, and Know that whatever your decision its when both your skin babies and fur baby in mind and trying to do the best for them both. Much love and going out to you and if you need ANYTHING please don't hesitate to message me. I can't tell you what to do but I can be there for you when you make your decisions.

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    Honestly..I read this earlier and didn't know what to say. It breaks my heart all around. My ONLY concern is really for Busters. You will be sad but move on. Your trainer has many dogs..will he just be another one? It concerns me, will he be able to get his palate fixed? I'm not sure it's even repairable..?? Might it not be best for Busters to surrender him to a rescue..where he can get his physical condition fixed and get a forever home? I just hate for any dog to go back and forth...but especially a Bully. Once your babies come, your life will never be the same. I don't really know how he relates to the trainer..if YOU feel he loves her and will truly be happy there, then I'm for a permanent home for him. Wherever the very best one is.

Good Luck with your delivery...you've got a big job ahead!
    +1 I agree 100% with Becky's post, she brings up so good points in concerning the future.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Oh my dear friend, your stress is breaking my heart...please know you must put
    your health before everything else and your children need YOU, no one else can
    take a Mother's place. Some times life puts us in a very hard place and it's not fair
    but we must be courageous and do the right thing by all. There is no way you can
    spread yourself around just not physically possible. GOD will honor your decision
    and take care of your beloved bully...your devotion to him is so evident, I have tears
    for how difficult this has been on you. I think you know, you must let him go to your
    trainer where he can be watched as he needs to be, he has the other dogs to play
    with and let your mind be eased...he will be happy! How wonderful that she wants
    him and you trust her, what a great blessing you don't have to search for a home.
    It seems to me GOD has provided for all of you, will certainly keep all of you in prayers.
    Please ease up on yourself, you've done a great job caring for him now you must care
    for yourself & your children after giving him to a loving & kind person willing to take him.
    GOD be with you & yours...sending you big hugs!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Real Name
    Dionne Iachetta
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Busters
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Carol View Post
    Oh my dear friend, your stress is breaking my heart...please know you must put
    your health before everything else and your children need YOU, no one else can
    take a Mother's place. Some times life puts us in a very hard place and it's not fair
    but we must be courageous and do the right thing by all. There is no way you can
    spread yourself around just not physically possible. GOD will honor your decision
    and take care of your beloved bully...your devotion to him is so evident, I have tears
    for how difficult this has been on you. I think you know, you must let him go to your
    trainer where he can be watched as he needs to be, he has the other dogs to play
    with and let your mind be eased...he will be happy! How wonderful that she wants
    him and you trust her, what a great blessing you don't have to search for a home.
    It seems to me GOD has provided for all of you, will certainly keep all of you in prayers.
    Please ease up on yourself, you've done a great job caring for him now you must care
    for yourself & your children after giving him to a loving & kind person willing to take him.
    GOD be with you & yours...sending you big hugs!

Thank you Texas Carol! I've decided to let him go to the trainers when I get close to having the twins. This will let me see how he does for a longer period (usually he's just there for a weekend or week at the most during my last pregnancy!). Also, it will give me a chance to see how I can cope with twins and if I think I can manage him. If he hates being there long term then I will take him back! If he is thriving then I will leave him.
    Dee & Busters (aka Bustys)

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person? Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Pati
    Country
    UK-Cardiff
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Hmm that is a very tough decision to make and only you can make it
    I cant really help you but give you sone of my expirience
    I googled cleft palette dog surgery -and this can be done at a cost ,but you would have to consult it with your vet if it still can be done( if your baby is insured this might be covered i should think so ,but if not vet that you know and use often sometimes can set up some kind of payment plan)

Other thing that concerns me is giving your baby to the trainer and then taking him back -from my own experience with a foster dog that was passed from home to home -at age of 7 months she was seriously messed up to the point i was worn out just by looking after her , it took us a lot of time to get her to be "a bit normal" -she never trusted anyone and couldn't settle properly and tbh i can understand that as she was indeed passed from home to home
    I know it is very hard especially that you are having twins on a way -and you will be most likely spending 24/7 with them

Other option maybe is to get your hubby to walk your baby after work etc,i always say that fresh air will do anyone good (even rain lol) ;-))

With regards to chew toys -buy them oversized we got largest kong extreme (black ones) and i had a range of big foster dogs mostly chewers and none of them managed to swallow big toys , we also buy huge chunky rope toys (balls) that are size of my head and very heavy this where always a hit ;-)

The only dog that sadly have to left us was another messed up dog that was attacking my deaf girl to the point of her visiting vet for stitches every day for 5 days in a row and almost lost an eye -trainer couldn't help us ,but i dont think this is relevant

Whatever decision you and your family will make Depends on your circumstances , as i know you are want all best for your fur baby xxx
    Last edited by Pati Robins; 09-21-2013 at 04:19 PM.
    "I use search option before posting new thread "
    Rest In Peace Winston xxx

Shy & Lilly

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads