Do I get another male?

Tysonbully

Sep 8, 2013
Rome, NY
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson
I am thinking of adding another bully to our family. I have a 14 month old male who is neutered. I would love a female but worry she will become aggressive because my male is so laid back. Any recommendations?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
I can't help -- I only have one bullie and I don't think he would tolerate anyone else in the house. Someone will be along shortly who can share some real knowledge. But good luck with your search. I think two bullies is twice as much fun as one!

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
I have a male female duo. Duchess is 18 months duke is now 6months- duke is definatley the aggressor when it comes to playing- typically the rule of thumb is to go opposite sex but many have the same sex living in harmony. Really depends on the demeanor of the individual dog. Mine get along great and are inseparable but my male is just alot more rambunctious.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would get another female. Male and female usually get along great.

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
I give you credit. Rocco is such a handful I couldn't imagine having two lol. But I may change my mind as he gets older. Good luck! Whatever you decide on be sure to post pics!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, I have two as well and they are male and female, Blossom is definitely the dominate one, and Dozer is really laid back, and he lets her be the boss. They love each other though and are great company for each other. I don't have any experience with same sex dogs living together, but I know some members on here have 2 males, or 2 females, and they get along fine. Hopefully someone with experience with this will come along soon. Good luck whatever you choose, and congratulations on getting a new baby, so exciting. Please share pictures when you get him/ her.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

BrianW

Feb 17, 2013
Brown Deer, Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brandi, Jackson, Ca$h, Daisey, Winford, Charlee, Darla, Mack, Babee, Ralphie & Stuart
I would get what you really want (male or female). In our case the sex of the dog did really matter.

We had a male (puppy) when we got another male (puppy) a few months later and have had no issues for almost 5 years. After a year with the 2 males we got a female (puppy) and again no issues. Then after another year or so we got another rescue male (12 years old) and all four had no issues. After our rescue male passed away we got a rescue female (6 years old) and again had no issues. About a year later we added another rescue female (2 years old) and had a little bit of issues between the rescue girls, which was easily solved by a good behaviorist. We now have 5 dogs which all get along and have no issues.

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
I am thinking of adding another bully to our family. I have a 14 month old male who is neutered. I would love a female but worry she will become aggressive because my male is so laid back. Any recommendations?Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Hey Cary, I've got a good friend who lives in Rome, NY. I have two male Bully's, They are 6 months age difference. The oldest being my first, and of course he is Alpha. The younger one came later, and last month was 1 year old. The youngest one is like a toddler, especially reminds me of a child right after being fed a chocolate bar, He's a wound up mess, but full of Love, The older one Loves his naps, lol, and will actually be asleep on the couch, all four paws pointed up, and the youger will be at his head barking, wanting him to get up and play. They play together, with toys and such, but even though I have two of each toy, they both have to have the same toy, and ends up being a tug of war hahaha. The youngest goes outside, and chases the fribie, as the older does his business, and picks up a toy, and wants to play keep away. The difference is, They are at different play stages in life. when they both reach the same plateu i'm sure life will be much easier, hahaha they both have very different energy levels as well. Both of the boys love to wrestle, but i've never heard any aggression out of either, and when one walks out of the room, the other follows. They are inseperatable, but like kids, act as if they really arent interested in what each is doing. I find myself always being equal, in time, love, treats, food, everything!! I don't show an ounce of favortism, and this is very important. However the younger wants to sit in my lap, as the older one prefers to sleep on the couch. I would say this, make sure you have energy, and time allotted to being there with both, I think thats the important part. Let your Alpha be the Alpha, and allow the second to join the pack, This is very important. Good Luck and enjoy!!

kristier25

Dec 25, 2012
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Bentley
I have 2 males. There is a 3 week age difference. Bentley is older and then there is Tank. They are both pretty laid back but Tank tends to want to be in charge during play time. Other than that we have no problems. They are a little over 15 months old now. They will be getting a sister in January. I would say do what makes you happy. When I was deciding if I was going to get 2 at one time, I asked this same question on here and to my breeder. Good luck with your decision.

OP
Tysonbully

Tysonbully

Sep 8, 2013
Rome, NY
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson
Thanks for all of your feedback. I think I will get a female. He's a good boy but I don't want to take any chances! Mine is like a toddler too!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.