JennyeStear

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card!
Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Ellie and Jagger love bath time :). I'm very fortunate that they enjoy water. I have a few bath toys for them and just put them in the tub. I start out with the shower on.... I soap them up and rinse them. Then once they are rinsed I plug the tub and run some water so they can play with their toys. They both do very well. Jagger will beg and whine to get in the bath or shower if ANYONE is in there. It's gets quite interesting when we have house guest and Jagger creeps on them In the shower. Ellie just likes to have a few rubber ducks to play with and she's happy. Occasionally I will let Cate get in the shower with them and "help" this is always an entertaining thing to watch :)
4enyda7y.jpg
. Jagger wanting in the tub with Cate

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Both of my boys love to shower! When I first got Rambo, he was clean as a whistle, and after a few weeks of drewl, sweat and everything else, it was time for his shower. I put both the boys in the master bedroom, and leave the bathroom door open. As I start to shower, they walk right in. My trick, I have a shower head with water line attached, so its removable from its base. They get pretty wet right away, Then I use Baby Shampoo with Aloe, something about the Aloe in the shampoo that keeps them so calm, not sure what it is, but it works. I wash them both up, The other trick is I keep away from their head, I just wash their full bodies and rinse them thoroughly, which takes longer than the lathering part. When I exit the shower, It's usually a three ring circus, because the boys want to play, and run through the house, this is why I keep the bedroom door closed, I let them roll and play as I wipe them down with a towel, 3 towels in all, one for each, then a third to get the rest, Their heads and face, I do with a wash rag, and with pads, This also helps in keeping them from getting ear infections, as they always shake their heads, and the cotton balls go flying. Anyway, my boys are a year old, and a year and a half, and they have no quirrem about following me into the shower, never have, and still don't. They really enjoy the rolling upside down, and me getting their bellies dry, as they growl at the towel, one will run with a wet towel, like I said, It's a circus getting them dry. I never use a blow dryer on them, still remembering the electric toothbrush saga!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Well, I guess it would depend on how old your dog is. I was able to use the bath tub until my bullies turned six or more months old. Soon afer, I transitioned them to use the shower, and now they take showers with me. It took lots of training to get them into the shower. I usually have to coerce them into the shower chamber with a favorite toy or treat, and once the shower is over, I give them a treat immediately, so they see and understand a good thing happens when at the end of the shower.

Hope this helps; Good luck-:)))

Now that's a perfect bully face (your avatar) and red & white is my fav bully color :)

Welcome here...GOD bless y'all!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Great tips already given, what works for one won't work for another & vice versa.

Silly bullies!

@Sherry
gives great advice (owns FIVE bullies...at the same time :w00t:) and it's true,
to much bathing isn't good for their skin, too drying BUT how to deal w/stink?

Dawn (original formula) is gentle, inexpensive & kills fleas...unless they have skin
problems, this works well. I put on tail area~they can't run up the body, then around
neck so they can't run up on head & in ears plus it gives extra killing time to fleas in
those fav areas. Strip down the back and start sudsing up, get those armpits & groin,
down the legs, the belly, chest and then rinse well. I do head & ears later too. Have a
plastic gallon jug or pitcher ready filled w/warm water & 2 cups cheap, white vinegar.
Slowly pour over bully and leave in, maybe blot dry if really wet. Vinegar smell will go
away when dry, this will keep them smelling good, longer, restore PH balance to skin,
leaves coat very soft & white very white! It can help repel fleas & flies too.

GOD bless y'all...your baby is adorable!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Looking for some advice on giving a stress free bath....I've tried in a little doggy bath tub...kitchen sink....getting into the bath tub with him...the shower. Boomer flips out at bath time. So I wondering if anyone had some tips. I give him a bath once a week. And sponge his face, wrinkles, and tail every day...this doesn't bother him. Its just the full bath.

For Bo and Bea, their favorite part of Tub Time is the drying part - me very vigorously rubbing them down with dry, fluffy towels. For that reason, they tolerate the rest of it very well -- even following me into the bathroom. Getting one of those Kong scrubbers has made the washing part more enjoyable for them too. I get in there and really scrub with that thing. They love it; particularly when you spend extra time on the tail or the neck which they seem to enjoy the most.

Keep at it. Don't give in to Boomer's desire to avoid bath time. Don't feel sorry for him. Don't hurry through it. Enjoy it while you scrub. Act like you are having the best time ever. While you are washing him, say happy things with your best sing song voice (I say, "oooo that's good huh?") and in time, he will come to think of bath time as a special fun, one on one thing with you where he feels AMAZING afterward. Bea loathes walking across a "shiny floor" but she'll do it to get to the bath tub for Tub Time. That's powerful stuff!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
For Bo and Bea, their favorite part of Tub Time is the drying part - me very vigorously rubbing them down with dry, fluffy towels. For that reason, they tolerate the rest of it very well -- even following me into the bathroom. Getting one of those Kong scrubbers has made the washing part more enjoyable for them too. I get in there and really scrub with that thing. They love it; particularly when you spend extra time on the tail or the neck which they seem to enjoy the most.

Keep at it. Don't give in to Boomer's desire to avoid bath time. Don't feel sorry for him. Don't hurry through it. Enjoy it while you scrub. Act like you are having the best time ever. While you are washing him, say happy things with your best sing song voice (I say, "oooo that's good huh?") and in time, he will come to think of bath time as a special fun, one on one thing with you where he feels AMAZING afterward. Bea loathes walking across a "shiny floor" but she'll do it to get to the bath tub for Tub Time. That's powerful stuff!

Great advice I'm going to try that although Sheldon tolerates tub time I would love for him to enjoy it like when I brush his teeth.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.