I think The Dog Cooling Pad is Toxic

aspen2012

Aug 23, 2013
New Mexico
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Aspen
I just wanted to say again, how sorry I am for your loss. Thank you for going the extra mile for all the dog owners that own this pad or might have bought this cooling pad for their babies, and possibly all the lives you've saved by doing this.

GusBus

Apr 21, 2013
Panama City Beach, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gus
Wow, thank you for posting this. We've already had our first eaten foreign object scare, so I will definitely steer away from this pad! And we live in hot Florida so I had already contemplated buying one. I am so sorry about your poor sweet baby!!

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
The local news here is going to come interview me on Monday about what happened to Debo. They're going to take the remains of the pad and have a biologist look at it, and check out all the chemicals.

That's great news. Hopefully they can provide you with answers on the pad. I think you're extremely brave for going on tv and getting Debo's story out there. I just know he is so proud of how strong his mama is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

OP
Emily

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
qy2yhera.jpg

Thank you! It's the only thing that is on my mind.
I was looking at the chemicals again and I read the First aid measures and it says, "if swallowed, include vomiting by the help of professional doctors. Get medical aid immediately." Then it says it's non-toxic, that doesn't match up to me. If it was non-toxic you would not need to induce vomiting and get medical aid immediately, you would just let it pass.

But the more I think about it, it makes more sense that he may have aspirated some of it because some of the chunks were so big there is no way he was able to swallow that or throw that up. My poor baby suffered! Someone On here called it, she said sometimes when the brain goes so long without oxygen, it causes seizures.

I don't know for sure if that's what happened, I guess I never will know, but the more I think about it, that is what makes the most sense.

I still don't know why his heart stopped in the hospital, but I don't think I'll ever get an answer to that.

Just so ya know, I did not want this to make the news. I was just calling the news to get a hold of the chemicals in the pad, and they still want to do the interview. Scary!

Last edited:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
qy2yhera.jpg

Thank you! It's the only thing that is on my mind.
I was looking at the chemicals again and I read the First aid measures and it says, "if swallowed, include vomiting by the help of professional doctors. Get medical aid immediately." Then it says it's non-toxic, that doesn't match up to me. If it was non-toxic you would not need to induce vomiting and get medical aid immediately, you would just let it pass.

But the more I think about it, it makes more sense that he may have aspirated some of it because some of the chunks were so big there is no way he was able to swallow that or throw that up. My poor baby suffered! Someone On here called it, she said sometimes when the brain goes so long without oxygen, it causes seizures.

I don't know for sure if that's what happened, I guess I never will know, but the more I think about it, that is what makes the most sense.

I still don't know why his heart stopped in the hospital, but I don't think I'll ever get an answer to that.

Just so ya know, I did not want this to make the news. I was just calling the news to get a hold of the chemicals in the pad, and they still want to do the interview. Scary!
I agree Emily... seems very odd they would suggest induce vomiting!!! I'm so sorry that Debo suffered, it breaks my heart :*( I don't know if you will ever get an answer about what happened, but at least you are putting out the warning about those pads. I would do the interview... I have a feeling that this may of happened to someone else too.

OP
Emily

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
Thank you, you are a sweetie. Thank you for checking on me the last couple weeks, thanks for everything!
You're right, I know the pad started it, but I may never know exactly what happened.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Thank you, you are a sweetie. Thank you for checking on me the last couple weeks, thanks for everything!
You're right, I know the pad started it, but I may never know exactly what happened.
Absolutely!!! I will keep checking in on you... We are here for you Emily for the long haul!!! :hug::heart:

OP
Emily

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
I know, thank you, I love it! It has helped a lot.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.