Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: I think The Dog Cooling Pad is Toxic

Bulldog(s) Names
    Debo
    Likes (Received)

Default I think The Dog Cooling Pad is Toxic

Thank you! It's the only thing that is on my mind.
    I was looking at the chemicals again and I read the First aid measures and it says, "if swallowed, include vomiting by the help of professional doctors. Get medical aid immediately." Then it says it's non-toxic, that doesn't match up to me. If it was non-toxic you would not need to induce vomiting and get medical aid immediately, you would just let it pass.

But the more I think about it, it makes more sense that he may have aspirated some of it because some of the chunks were so big there is no way he was able to swallow that or throw that up. My poor baby suffered! Someone On here called it, she said sometimes when the brain goes so long without oxygen, it causes seizures.

I don't know for sure if that's what happened, I guess I never will know, but the more I think about it, that is what makes the most sense.

I still don't know why his heart stopped in the hospital, but I don't think I'll ever get an answer to that.

Just so ya know, I did not want this to make the news. I was just calling the news to get a hold of the chemicals in the pad, and they still want to do the interview. Scary!
    Last edited by Emily; 09-14-2013 at 10:33 AM.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I think The Dog Cooling Pad is Toxic

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post

Thank you! It's the only thing that is on my mind.
    I was looking at the chemicals again and I read the First aid measures and it says, "if swallowed, include vomiting by the help of professional doctors. Get medical aid immediately." Then it says it's non-toxic, that doesn't match up to me. If it was non-toxic you would not need to induce vomiting and get medical aid immediately, you would just let it pass.

But the more I think about it, it makes more sense that he may have aspirated some of it because some of the chunks were so big there is no way he was able to swallow that or throw that up. My poor baby suffered! Someone On here called it, she said sometimes when the brain goes so long without oxygen, it causes seizures.

I don't know for sure if that's what happened, I guess I never will know, but the more I think about it, that is what makes the most sense.

I still don't know why his heart stopped in the hospital, but I don't think I'll ever get an answer to that.

Just so ya know, I did not want this to make the news. I was just calling the news to get a hold of the chemicals in the pad, and they still want to do the interview. Scary!
    I agree Emily... seems very odd they would suggest induce vomiting!!! I'm so sorry that Debo suffered, it breaks my heart I don't know if you will ever get an answer about what happened, but at least you are putting out the warning about those pads. I would do the interview... I have a feeling that this may of happened to someone else too.

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Bulldog(s) Names
    Debo
    Likes (Received)

Thank you, you are a sweetie. Thank you for checking on me the last couple weeks, thanks for everything!
    You're right, I know the pad started it, but I may never know exactly what happened.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    Thank you, you are a sweetie. Thank you for checking on me the last couple weeks, thanks for everything!
    You're right, I know the pad started it, but I may never know exactly what happened.
    Absolutely!!! I will keep checking in on you... We are here for you Emily for the long haul!!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Bulldog(s) Names
    Debo
    Likes (Received)

I know, thank you, I love it! It has helped a lot.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Remove Ads