Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I think The Dog Cooling Pad is Toxic

Bulldog(s) Names
    Debo
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I think The Dog Cooling Pad is Toxic

Thank you lokismom! It was my worst nightmare.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

well im so very sorry for your loss and thanks for posting this so if it was the cooling pad then maybe others will be more careful with them if they plan on still using them. i think they are great but perhaps to be used with care. my problem is they wouldnt give you the ingredients until you got a lawyer involved. that says volumes to me. not sure you can persue them legally but at least you can warn others to the possible dangers with this product when the dog is not supervised. so sad.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Debo
    Likes (Received)

You're right cowsmom. Thank you!

Baxter Tiberius

Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    I bought The Dog Cooling Pad from Keepdoggiessafe.com, it was made by
    I tried for days to get the chemicals and ingredients that were in that cooling pad and the company kept telling me they were moving, or they would call me back, or email me, and they never did. So I had an attorney email them, next thing you know they emailed me all the chemicals. It turns out the gel cooling pack stuff inside of the cooling pad has a lot of sodium, which can cause swelling on the brain, which can cause seizures, which Could have killed my dog.
    Even the cooling gel material on new mattresses is extremely questionable safety-wise. The chemicals have fumes which release into the room, and are well known to cause neurological problems. Did a lot of research on this nonsense when I was having all my problems this past year (neurological/muscular issues out of thin air). Was inspecting every aspect of my environment very closely. I had just purchased a "cooling gel" mattress prior to this starting, so I learned about them. I guess for most people they are okay but for others, they can cause major problems. Not surprised if your pup ingested all those similar chemicals. Sorry for your loss

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

So sorry for your loss and thanks for the info. We use the Coolaroo for them to stay cool when they are hanging out in the family room with us and they love it. I often thought about buying one of those, but now I have changed my mind and will stick with the Coolaroo.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Emily,
    As I posted when this happened to you and Debo, I am soooo sorry for you.I know you have unbearable grief. How could you have known? As dog lovers we all try to do the BEST for our furkids. It occurred to me back then, that it sounded closely related to the cooling pad. It just seemed like too much of a co incidence. I feel that just because a company SAYS(that it's safe) it, doesn't mean it's true. Every day I get notices from the FDA of recalls of faulty meds, dog food, yogurts, salads,etc.
    As we, the consumer learn the hard way, things are always proven toxic when there happens to be consumers who become the victim of illness or sadly, death.And we never know how many have gotten reactions until SOMEONE( of many-) comes forward and the company FINALLY issues a warning. I hope you can have some "closure" with Debo's passing-if it even saves one other bully's, or other breed's life. Praying for you-do not blame yourself as IF it was the pad, you could not have known.........
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

@Emily

I was so afraid that the ingredients in that cooling pad may have been the cause... I agree w/@cowsmom it does seem very suspicious that they wouldn't release the information until you had an attorney contact them. I'm so glad that you have decided to come forward & let other people know what happened to Debo... at least this way people can make an informed decision. You could very well be saving another dog's life, and that's at least one good thing that has come from this tragedy. Once again, my heart just breaks for you... Sending lots of prayers & hugs your way!!!

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Krista
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug
    Likes (Received)

I'm so sorry for your loss, Emily. Thank you for sharing your story so other dog owners know of the risk. I was thinking of getting one of those, but I will certainly be avoiding them now.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Debo
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter Tiberius View Post
    Even the cooling gel material on new mattresses is extremely questionable safety-wise. The chemicals have fumes which release into the room, and are well known to cause neurological problems. Did a lot of research on this nonsense when I was having all my problems this past year (neurological/muscular issues out of thin air). Was inspecting every aspect of my environment very closely. I had just purchased a "cooling gel" mattress prior to this starting, so I learned about them. I guess for most people they are okay but for others, they can cause major problems. Not surprised if your pup ingested all those similar chemicals. Sorry for your loss
    That is crazy! I hope you are doing better too!
    That's good to know! Thank you!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Debo
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by ddnene View Post
    @Emily

I was so afraid that the ingredients in that cooling pad may have been the cause... I agree w/@cowsmom it does seem very suspicious that they wouldn't release the information until you had an attorney contact them. I'm so glad that you have decided to come forward & let other people know what happened to Debo... at least this way people can make an informed decision. You could very well be saving another dog's life, and that's at least one good thing that has come from this tragedy. Once again, my heart just breaks for you... Sending lots of prayers & hugs your way!!!
    Thank you for the prayers & hugs!

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss of sweet Debo. No words will help you get get over this, or make the pain go away, only time and taking your time to miss and grieve him will help you heal. Just know we are all here for you, if you need to talk or vent. I understand how you feel as we lost our 14 year old Jack Russell to cancer, three years ago this month, and we still miss her. Take care Hun, and again I'm so sorry.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ollie
    Likes (Received)

I'm so sorry for your loss! Thanks for sharing though so others can be cautious when using the cooling mats. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for some peace and Healing for you during this hard time.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads