Potty training regress

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
I have a couple questions. First duke is 6 months and hasn't had an accident for a good monh. Yesterday he had an accident(pee) and this morning he couldn't make it to the elevator and peed alittle in the hallway. I believe I remember reading it is normal at this age to have a slight regression- any thoughts? Also he has gotten really bullheaded and extremely rough with duchess when playing- any thoughts?

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Winston has his moments too... he's almost 9 mos. He's peed on his dog bed twice last week, drives me crazy!!! :cursing:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Amy is testing our patience. She will do great about a week. Then we have a step back....and so on and so on....little stinker!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Yup! He's a teenager....:eek: at about 6 months or so...many many Bully's regress and will poo and pee in the house! It's important to just stay on top of him and he WILL quickly come to his senses. If it goes longer than a week..do the full on Back to Basics...isn't pawrenting FUN? ;)

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Not unusual at all for that to happen, especially at 6 months. Both of mine are over 2yo and just a couple months ago Tate peed on my bed b/c i was too sleepy (ie, lazy), to get up and let him out (learned my lesson).

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Vegas at that age was doing great!!! Then about 8 months old I will never forget, he looked am me square in the eye and squatted like a girl (which he still does at 4.5 yrs old) and pee'd on our tile floor. I swear he was smiling the whole time. What makes it WORSE, is when I was bent over cleaning his mess he had the nerve to get on my back and HUMPED ME~!!! BAD BOY~!! :eek:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yep, like everyone said, it is normal, he's getting into his rebellious teenager age.

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
I have a couple questions. First duke is 6 months and hasn't had an accident for a good monh. Yesterday he had an accident(pee) and this morning he couldn't make it to the elevator and peed alittle in the hallway. I believe I remember reading it is normal at this age to have a slight regression- any thoughts? Also he has gotten really bullheaded and extremely rough with duchess when playing- any thoughts?

I think I saw Duke is on Temaril.. When Fergus was on that he had 2 accidents in the house. Temaril has predisone as an ingredient and they will pee and drink more. Just need more potty breaks. I dont think its a regression Fergus was back to normal once he got off Temaril.

OP
S

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
I think I saw Duke is on Temaril.. When Fergus was on that he had 2 accidents in the house. Temaril has predisone as an ingredient and they will pee and drink more. Just need more potty breaks. I dont think its a regression Fergus was back to normal once he got off Temaril.

He is on temaril - he definately has been drinking more water which I read was a side effect.