Black Spots on White Bulldogs...

Wilsons Mom

Jan 18, 2013
Boston, MA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson
Is it common for black spots to show up on the skin of white bulldogs? They are all over Wilsons body and seem to be more noticeable on him the older he gets. Is it something I need to be concerned about??? Is there anything I can do to prevent more from appearing???

OP
Wilsons Mom

Wilsons Mom

Jan 18, 2013
Boston, MA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson
[MENTION=5334]Heff102[/MENTION]...yes that's exactly what I'm talking about. Thank you for responding!! I just wasn't sure if it had anything to do with sun exposure since his coat is so light and maybe I should be protecting him in some way...sunblock.

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
Yes Matilda has freckles, too! She looks like a dalmatian when wet!

528551_4041492869345_579095272_n.jpg

OP
Wilsons Mom

Wilsons Mom

Jan 18, 2013
Boston, MA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson
Do any of you use sunblock on your white dogs? I've had a number of people come up to me and say I should be.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
My Bennie also has lots more spots now when he's older, and just as Matilda he looks like a dalmatian when his fur is wet:)

I used to put sunscreen on Joey cos she LOVES to sleep in the sun:blink: but I stopped doing it cos I'm myself allergic to it and it seemed to me her skin got red from it:unsure: so now I just try to keep her out of the sun during the hottest hours, which is a full time job, lol:)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Yep ... Linus was almost all white when he first came to us and now he has lots of freckles. They have got more and more as he has got older!!

As for the sunscreen .... I don't let mine out long enough to have to worry about sunscreen. The Ohio weather goes from beyond freezing to boiling point in a matter of days!!!! :(

Susie

Jul 4, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Howie
Totally normal. I called them "age spots" and I don't think there is anything you can do about it. I know that my 95% white bully did not come from parents that are completely white. In fact, he was considered a defect from the litter. That's fine by me. I love white bullies.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.