Black Spots on White Bulldogs...

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
I like those round black spots underneath the white coat. That's so bulldog it looks great. Ace has them too on the portions of his coat that is white. This is very much part of the bulldog coloring. You see it alot in all bully breeds with white coats.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Dudley is brown with white on his face and stomach -- and he has freckles there! So cute!. I've thought about sunblock, but I make him come in out of the sun after about 10 minutes.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We were wiping down Harlea earlier today when my daughter found perfectly shaped heart and mickey mouse freckles on he belly.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
@Heff102...yes that's exactly what I'm talking about. Thank you for responding!! I just wasn't sure if it had anything to do with sun exposure since his coat is so light and maybe I should be protecting him in some way...sunblock.
I don't know but I have heard that white dogs do burn easier and need sunblock.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
image.jpgHi, I agree with everyone's comments, it's totally normal for white dogs to have these black freckles, my Blossom has them all over her belly. Here's a picture of her freckle covered bully belly. Lol

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
We were wiping down Harlea earlier today when my daughter found perfectly shaped heart and mickey mouse freckles on he belly.
Sheldon has a heart on his chin

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Stigs freckled are very noticeable too. And they change spots every season it seems. I remember when we first got him, we asked his breeder, as well, if all the spots were normal. Hey, rookie questions, right!?

Since they do have lighter fur, it's best that they don't stay in the sun for very long when the UV rate is high. We actually stopped Stig from going to daycare in the summer months because he came home with the top of his head sunburned. Like humans, they can get skin cancers too.

We also close the blinds so he can't sunbathe without us monitoring him. At our next house we're going to get UV film to put on the sliding glass doors, so we won't neglect him of his sunbathing demands. Lol. Poor guy must think he's in prison in the summer months.

As for the sunscreen, I haven't actually looked but have heard that there are such things.

kristier25

Dec 25, 2012
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank and Bentley
My Tank is all white. His ears were the first to get the black freckles. You can't see the ones on his body unless he is wet. Yea he does resemble a dalmation when wet..lol. I don't use sunscreen. He doesn't like to be out in the sun for very long.

KarenP

May 3, 2013
PEI
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia
I love the freckles!! Mia has some on her face, and belly. [MENTION=7870]Wilsons Mom[/MENTION] Pics please! :yes:

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
Bella also has black spots on her skin where its white which is only her head!! :yes:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Is it common for black spots to show up on the skin of white bulldogs? They are all over Wilsons body and seem to be more noticeable on him the older he gets. Is it something I need to be concerned about??? Is there anything I can do to prevent more from appearing???

I had a curiosity about this also. During the summer they were everywhere, during the winter they disappeared. My guess they are like freckles and they come out with the sun's help. Here is my original post. There are pictures all the way to the end.
http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...ve-my-little-spots-gone&highlight=spots+gone?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.