Bulldog bed

chrisDXT

Jul 29, 2013
We have had are Bully now for 5 months an went threw a a few dog beds already an he doesn't seem to like any of them. Are there any dog beds that our breed may like better? Just curios. Thanks! :)

2013 obsession lethal force 2
2009 elite GT500

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Tough one. Some bullies love to eat and destroy their beds other just love to pee on them all the time. Many people just use a towel or one of the Kong beds or crate pads with luck. We are able to use normal dog beds as long as we cut tue tags off as soon as we get it in the house. If we don't Harlea will shred it but with the tag gone she just plops down on it.

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
Forde has the kong bed and has for 3 1/2 years of his 4 yrs......before the kong bed he would chew into them ( doing the needing thing ) so badly it would tear them up.....i found the Kong bed, which says chew proof, if they tear it they replace it for free.....Forde went through 3 ( which petsmart replaced without a question other than do you have your receipt) this last one i guess from him being older he has had for over a year now :)
attachment.php

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Mack loved his kong bed. Until he and thr cat decided to have a pissing contest on it. Mack didnt mind the wretched stench but as soon as figured out the source it went straight into the dumpster outside.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

Tkelley

Oct 15, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Guinevere, Little Be
We use the coolaroo bed. Guinevere prefers our bed or the couch with us though.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Our guys can't have a bed in their crate, or anything soft like blankets or pillows, as they eat them, but we do have two dog pillows that they use when they are with us and we can supervise when they start to chew. I have lots of great things about the coolaroo bed, and I want to get one to try it, I have read that they are chew proof, and comfortable for bullies.

Susie

Jul 4, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Howie
Ah, the puppy year. I remember that, which was less than 2 years ago. I sure don't miss it. My EB, too, went thru s0 many beds till he got fixed at the young age of 6 months. At the end, I found that the only bed that was durable for him was the donut style bed from Bowsers. http://www.bowsers.com/pet-beds/double-donut.html It has been over a year that we still have the bed. It seems that EB like to lean against something, which you will find out when they start sleeping with you. Anyway, here's a picture of bed with my baby on it. sleeping beauty.jpg

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
My senior has a "donut" style bed, it's huge and I can separate the outside and middle to easily wash it! My male and Frenchie both sleep on my bed...or they allow me to sleep on their bed! Lol :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Banks LOVES this king size bed.....

banks 002.jpg

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Dudley has had a bed I got at Petsmart -- some sort of wooly material on the outside -- for almost 2 years now. I toss it in the washer. It's covered with a blanket, that he sometimes pushed around to "pillow" his back. THe bed is in his crate, but he mostly sleeps on the couch or his favorite chair. He "naps" on the dog bed in the crate!

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
My girls use orvis bed-tbh i got it for over a year and since we had lily i had to wash it countless amount of times and it still looks ok,i have a plan to change it soon as i got bored with it
urydemad.jpg

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Ah, the puppy year. I remember that, which was less than 2 years ago. I sure don't miss it. My EB, too, went thru s0 many beds till he got fixed at the young age of 6 months. At the end, I found that the only bed that was durable for him was the donut style bed from Bowsers. http://www.bowsers.com/pet-beds/double-donut.html It has been over a year that we still have the bed. It seems that EB like to lean against something, which you will find out when they start sleeping with you. Anyway, here's a picture of bed with my baby on it. View attachment 54819
I agree... I've been thru several beds, but I need to get a larger donut!!! Winston has to be up against something!!! LOL

jlcox24

May 5, 2013
NC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ollie
Ollie is not a bed chewer or pee'er, we got a cheap bed from walmart first to see if he would use it or destroy it. It has come to an end with washings. I found a bed at sam's that has memory foam, and some of that new memory foam cooling gel stuff. It was 30bucks so i think i'll give it a try! He sleeps in the hall between our room and our son's room so i like for him to have something!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
My dogs are "pretty good" about not chewing the beds. I got them a coolaroo and they love it! I've never had one before, but it is great. maudejune2013 007.JPG I got the large, so they all can fit on it together. Jeffers.com has it for a very good price(I think!) It has no stuffing and you would not think they would like it-but they do. Can take it out and hose it down-if needed, or you can get a new cover,if needed!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.