Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww poor Brutus, hope he feels better soon and is back to his old self soon. Now that mommy is back I'm sure he will with your extra TLC. I'm glad you had a great vacation, we need to do that sometimes, just to refresh and revive. Don't feel guilty. Don't be so hard on your family members, they probably didn't know how sensitive bullies are, and I'm sure they meant well. If there is a next time, maybe a detailed list of his routines, meals, amounts, and a detailed list of dos and donts for Brutus would help them with watching him. Sending love, hugs and prayers for you and Brutus. Please keep us posted on how he's doing.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Wishing Brutus a speedy recovery!
@ddnene, i'm still recovering about your MIL's choice of snax. Excuse me but, :wtf:!!??
LMAO!!! I told her that she could pay our vet bills since she wanted to feed our dogs garbage... The funny thing is that I had snacks at the house that she could feed them, she just decided to buy them burgers. I was wondering why the dogs were practically knocking her over whenever she came to the door!!! :ohmy:

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
I'm so sorry, I hope that Brutus feels better soon... I can relate to the "family" issue. Last time my mother-in-law watched our dogs they both had gained a ton of weight. Come to find out she was buying them junior whoopers as a SNACK!!! :yell: Needless to say she has never watched my dogs again!!!
They must be a little upset that you don't leave them with her more often! I imagine she's one of their favorites!
Thank you everyone. He enjoyed his sirloin and rice so hopefully it will help. We did have a great vacation but it would have been better with Brutus. I will let you know the results tomorrow.
I am so glad you got to get away, and hope Brutus is feeling better. We may be heading to Erie, PA in a couple of months to watch one of "our" boys play hockey. I am planning on taking Mabel with us for the first time. I think she'd prefer to be with us, but I am worried about the trip none the less.

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
They must be a little upset that you don't leave them with her more often! I imagine she's one of their favorites!

I am so glad you got to get away, and hope Brutus is feeling better. We may be heading to Erie, PA in a couple of months to watch one of "our" boys play hockey. I am planning on taking Mabel with us for the first time. I think she'd prefer to be with us, but I am worried about the trip none the less.

Are you driving? I spoke to my vet and because I was concerned that a long car ride (we went to myrtle beach, and from ny that is a 12 hr car ride). He said that as long as Brutus likes the car, which he does, he would be fine. He also said Brutus would get ansy when he had to go potty and we could just stop and let him go then continue on. I'm not sure the distance from Michigan to PA but if Mabel likes the car she should be ok. I think it is much better then leaving them behind.

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
The vet called and said the preliminary blood results are all good. We are just waiting on the pancreatitis test and stool sample eval. Ok so first hurdle good! Thank you for all the kind words and wishes.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.