brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
So we were on vacation all last week and against my will (I was out voted) we left Brutus home with family to watch him. Well we came home late Saturday night and I knew Sunday morning my boy was not feeling well. He had diarrhea for two days and was just laying around occasionally whining. Ok, I gave him pumpkin and some pepto and crossed my fingers. He seemed to be on the mend but I still did not think he was "normal". I called the vet and made an appt for this afternoon. Well he just left and Brutus has a fever of 103. He took blood which should be back tomorrow morning and gave me flagyl (antibiotic) and reglan (for tummy). Brutus is off kibble until his tummy feels better. Just boiled sirloin and rice for a few days until intermittent diarrhea stops. Vet thinks he is stressed from us leaving him, but did not want to take a chance with the fever. He also took a stool sample so we will see what tomorrow brings. Needless to say all the humans in my house have gone into hiding. I can guarantee that this will be the last time my baby is left behind. I am a nervous wreck. Sorry for the long text.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Not a long text. I am so sorry and know exactly how you feel. He will be ok and in my thoughts. I'm super happy you took him to the doctor.... Poor guy. :(

L

Lucy-licious

Awww...poor baby I'm sure he will be just fine and its perhaps from maybe being given treats, table food, dinner at the wrong time, or even extra because they thought he was still hungry.
:hug::hug: for you too, give him a snuggle and calm yourself down xxx

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so sorry, I hope that Brutus feels better soon... I can relate to the "family" issue. Last time my mother-in-law watched our dogs they both had gained a ton of weight. Come to find out she was buying them junior whoopers as a SNACK!!! :yell: Needless to say she has never watched my dogs again!!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Awww Rosilie, so sorry he's not feeling well & you're worried :( Please
don't regret going away or taking on guilt...you NEED time off w/Hubby.

Brutus most likely is stressed & got too much treats & snacks. Unless a
bully educated person, they just don't get it...I didn't either but learned!

Sending comforting ugs and praying for y'all.
:assurred:

OP
brutus77

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Thank you everyone. He enjoyed his sirloin and rice so hopefully it will help. We did have a great vacation but it would have been better with Brutus. I will let you know the results tomorrow.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ah, poor Brutus and Momma! Those humans better be hiding... leaving a member of the family behind on vacation... the nerve!

Hug and bully kisses to Brutus, hope he feels better soon

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Oh poor Brutus was probably missing his mommy. Hope he feels better soon :pray2:

Tkelley

Oct 15, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Guinevere, Little Be
Poor Brutus! I let my hubby take Guinevere to California for a weekend at the beginning of August and she got unapproved snacks which lead to a vet visit when they got home. The hubby knew better and still did it because mom wasn't there cracking the whip. Funny thing is, Guinevere is my first bulldog - he's had one before. I'm afraid to go anywhere without her! I'm sure Brutus will feel well in no time. Hugs to you both!

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Poor baby! He missed you. Probably just the change...you know how they are when something is not exactly the same!

B

Baxter Tiberius

I love that they miss us so much.
Its so sweet. Seriously.
Just wish they wouldn't get sick from it :(

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
I'm so sorry, I hope that Brutus feels better soon... I can relate to the "family" issue. Last time my mother-in-law watched our dogs they both had gained a ton of weight. Come to find out she was buying them junior whoopers as a SNACK!!! :yell: Needless to say she has never watched my dogs again!!!

I saw this comment the other day on another thread, it literally makes me laugh out loud. Fast food is bad for humans, what on earth would make her think it's good for dogs!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I saw this comment the other day on another thread, it literally makes me laugh out loud. Fast food is bad for humans, what on earth would make her think it's good for dogs!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4
My mother-in-law is insane... She honestly didn't understand why I was upset?!! She used to give her pug an andes mint daily!!! Unreal... LOL :wallbang:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Wishing Brutus a speedy recovery!
[MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION], i'm still recovering about your MIL's choice of snax. Excuse me but, :wtf:!!??

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online