porker

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
it's official jameson is FAT. last year 63 pounds...yesterday 71:ashamed: I've been cutting back his meals by a 1/4 cup for several weeks...but my weakness is to appease him with treats...BAD MOMMA....so we are switching to mostly carrots, and fruits and such....gotta hit the grocery store for some low cal treats...vet said he can have as many carrots as he wants....yeah she doesn't know the porker...he would eat the whole bag and s$%t orange for a month....

i love the vets office...take him on walks.....whatttt?????? you obviously have never tried to walk a bullie???? then of course she talked food and i said no thanks i'm not switching....the male vet knows bullies really well cause he has had them plus he has a frenchie....i think i was in a bad mood also cause there was a new vet tech who didn't love on jameson and EVERYONE loves on jameson...turned me off

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
who doesn't love on a bully? :confused:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Does he like green beans? They have no calories and no fat, whereas carrots have natural sugar which will turn into calories... Or something like that! :lol:

When Mandy lost 10lbs I reduced her kibble to I think a little over a half cup and then she got a half cup of frozen green beans. The weight literally fell off her without making her hungry. Well not hungrier! Once we got her to the correct weight she gets a little more than 3/4 c per meal.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
When Mandy lost 10lbs I reduced her kibble to I think a little over a half cup and then she got a half cup of frozen green beans. The weight literally fell off her without making her hungry. Well not hungrier! Once we got her to the correct weight she gets a little more than 3/4 c per meal.
Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

this is exactly what I do for Banks whenever she needed to drop some weight.... green beans work great!

Tkelley

Oct 15, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Guinevere, Little Be
I'd be quite upset if the vet tech didn't love on my bullie. It seems like when we go to the vet everyone who is in there makes their rounds to say hi. Guinevere thinks the vet is the best place on earth!

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

OP
nyerathrt

nyerathrt

Jun 30, 2011
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
jameson and titan
Jameson loves the vet. He went to jump up on the tech to say hiand he goes no we dont jump....down...then said he weighs to much.

Im gonna get some green beans tomorrow. Then take video if he spits em out

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
There's definitely something wrong when people don't lavish attention on a bully..shouldn't be working in a vets office for sure!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Wow. I have only run in to one person who hasn't loved on Harlea. Usually we have a line of people waiting and when we go to puppy class we have to show up 20 minutes early just to be on time. At the vet it is bullies abound so everyone is in heaven all the time with tons of love to go around.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Everybody loves Bullies :confused: Well they should

hope you are a success with weight drop

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Jameson loves the vet. He went to jump up on the tech to say hiand he goes no we dont jump....down...then said he weighs to much.

Im gonna get some green beans tomorrow. Then take video if he spits em out

Mack is very picky about food. He wont eat fresh green beans but loves frozen ones. Whenever I go to the freezer he does a happy dance even if it isnt something for him!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Brutus loves his green beans frozen also. they are great for training, no calories

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
When Shy went podgy -we mixed her dry food with wedges,as a filler we gut her food in half -took us few months for her to lose extra weight it was so horrible to say no to regular treats ,and since then Shy developed a "scavenger" mode! -she will nick leftover food that my 6 year old leave on kitchen worktop

Most Reactions