Male Bulldog Question - potty training

LisaRN

Apr 24, 2010
Buffalo NY
Bulldog(s) Names
Chester
Chester just kind of learned..but I am wondering if it helped that the scent was out there because of our shih tzu. He also doesn't raise his leg...we had him neutered at 6 months though, and I have heard if you get them neutered young, they won't raise their leg.

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
This is very interesting...I always would have thought a male would raise his leg but I guess it would make sense based on their build to squat or if other dogs around them squat. :D

OP
2bulliefamily

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
Yeah all kidding aside it is actually interesting - clicker training that is. I looked it up. I am sure I would not be consistent enough to master that.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
we just took lex out every hr and each week we would wait a little longer to let him out. we would praise him and give him a treat everytime. as a young puppy he would have accidents in house if we werent watching him good or he tried running to door and couldnt hold it long enough "our house is 3000 sq ft" but you could always tell if he was on his way to the door or not. he can now stay by his self for 12 hours at times, i know thats long but when we both work nite weekdays he has too, but no messes when we get home!!! he he squats like a little girl never have seen him attempt to raise a leg, which our lab does and he never caught on to it

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online