Srhendon

Jul 24, 2013
FL
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson
Hey guys!

Havent posted on here in a little. How is everyone?

Well Tyson and I are in florida now and we have been living here for about 3 weeks now and he hasnt had too much problems with the heat, but for the last couple of days he has been panting a whole lot...I'm not sure why.

His water is available so im not sure if its a water shortage (dont see this to be an option, but just stating it)

any ideas?

Thanks,

Shawn

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Welcome back!! It's got be the heat and you just recently moved so he's a little stressed. Try some ice cubes and see if that helps the little man.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
As long as he is inside with the A/C on he should be fine, and maybe a fan blowing on him will help. As [MENTION=6717]pdolphin27[/MENTION] said it could also be from the stress of the move and a new place. If he doesn't calm down in a few days you might check him over good to make sure he is not hurting from something.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Awwww, love your avatar pic, so cute!

The humidity might be a difficult transition especially with heat factored in.

If it continues I'd take him in...do you have a thermometer to check for high temp?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION] is in Florida and may be able to help.... but, I agree with others, stress from the move and make sure the a/c and or fan are always on for him

OP
Srhendon

Srhendon

Jul 24, 2013
FL
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson
the weirdest thing is...it only seems to be at night/afternoon

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I was thinking maybe humidity .. try making a mental note of how much he drinks during the day too. Maybe he's not having as much water later in the day as you think.

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
Baby Buster has very small nares which will be lasered when he is neutered. He is only 8 months and I and waiting at least a year. In the meantime he pants way more than Miss Tallulah who has very large nares. It is especially bad on humid days so I keep him in those days with the air conditioning on until it is cooler in the evening when the sun is down and don't make him do much more than a slow walk. Have Tyson checked for small nares or an elongated palette both of which can lead to challenges cooling their bodies. Also keep lemon juice on hand and listen if the sound of panting changes and gets laboured. The heat can kill these babies very quickly. My vet had 4 Bullies brought in to the emergency hospital in during our heat wave. 2 did not make it. The families waited just a little too long before seeking medical help. Heartbreaking.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.